Briggs& Stratton 13.5 wont start

nemo56

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Briggs & Stratton 13.5 in my Craftsman tractor. It wouldn't start so I put a new plug in, a new armature, fuel filter and cleaned the main ground.no luck Any suggestions. Briggs & Stratton I/C Gold Model 28R707 Type 0140-01 Code 9605037B Thank you

Threads
I have a Briggs & Stratton 13.5 in my Craftsman tractor. It wouldn't start so I put a new plug in, a new armature, fuel filter and cleaned the main ground.no luck Any suggestions. Briggs & Stratton I/C Gold Model 28R707 Type 0140-01 Code 9605037B Thank you

Will the engine spin over fast fast or just medium speed...... Compression, fuel and spark are what we looking for.....Why did you put a new coil on it ???? A no spark issue ???

Did you try spraying some Carb cleaner in the carb and start it ??? Not starting fluid though Carb cleaner......

We need to go step by step on this ........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

nemo56

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did spray carb cleaner in the carb. The motor spins fast. I replaced the armature because I didn't have spark. Now with the new one theres spark at times then not.Doesthis engine have a CDI?

Threads
Yes you got the Magnetron coil..... Check for where the coil bolts to. Flat file both those mounting posts.......

Check for compression.....

Padroo

Threads
Does this engine have a low oil shutdown?

MowLife

Threads
Pull kill wire at coil and try to eliminate any switch problems.

nemo56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pull kill wire at coil and try to eliminate any switch problems.

I did pull the wire. I got spark so what's left? How do you test a switch? My manual shows I have 3switches, a seat switch and 2 interlock switches. Thank you!

Padroo

Threads
I did pull the wire. I got spark so what's left? How do you test a switch? My manual shows I have 3switches, a seat switch and 2 interlock switches. Thank you!

You could use a test light or a volt meter to check for power. Neither cost much, buy one or the other and learn how to use it, it will be your best friend.

MowLife

Threads
I was referring to ur post #3 that it didn’t spark at times. With that wire disconnected your bypassing all your “kill” switches and should have spark at ALL times...if not you have a coil issue. Next would be fuel, compression or timing.