Want to know more about powered reel mowers

Jamjwmmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi lawn mower forum !
My name is Jon Morar. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I just joined this forum and this is my first post..
After three previous unsuccessful attempts to have a nice palmetto st aug yard starting with a full sodded yard, I did a total kill and re-sod with empire zoysia, which has driven me to buy a Tru-Cut 27 “ reel mower with a sulky to properly cut and maintain my yard.
I have a lot of questions about the best configuration for a front roller for this particular mower. I have seen on YouTube solid one piece smooth front rollers, ones that look like cooling fins on an air cooled engine, the old reel rear throw mowers that have a segmented rear wooden roller bar, pairs of single and double roller casters in the front,etc, etc.
I wonder if any of the members have figured out the best configuration of front roller to allow a flat turn of the mower at the end of a row with the sulky. The mower came with front double casters and was very easy to push down the handle grips with the light front end. With the front solid steel roller, it made it much harder to lift the front end of the
Mower off the ground. A flat turn with the solid steel front roller will cause the roller to slide rather than roll.
Any ideas folks?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our mower and equipment section to see if we can find you an answer.

Threads
Hey neighbor........... I don't know much about the newer style reel mowers but there are guys on here that do....

I would copy your post and paste it in the general area under your equipment name.... Such as Scag or John Deere.

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!