Repairs HRR2169VYA repair help(My first time)

Threads
My bad Ami! :) Well I cleaned the tank, swapped the thermo wax assembly, changed the fuel filter and governor spring, and installed a new carb. I'm still going to clean the old one as practice and pop it back on at some point over the Winter to see if cleaning that idle jet fixes the issue with that one. I didn't change the fuel lines just because they were like $25. I wanted to try to get it running for as cheap as possible before I sunk too much $$ into it. I didn't want to get $100 into it only to see it's more work than I can handle myself. But they'll get changed before the Spring! They obviously work, but I'm trying to get this baby ready for years to come so I figure I should get it done sooner than later. So they will be taken care if!

Yes you have to do stuff on the money side of things......... Was the carb a chinese knockoff or a Honda carb ??? One time I ordered a china carb for a guy and it didn't pan out ..... He wanted the cheap way out also... So the carb plus shipping to him and my labor cost more than me cleaning the carb in the first place..... Like they say a bought lesson is a learned lesson........... Wow fuel lines are expensive on line ..... Yes you will get some practice doing your old carb realizing there is no kit involved most of the time... Just a good deep cleaning like in the video..... You gonna go DUH when you clean yours....

BTW I am doing a series on a Briggs 6.75 EZ start engine overhaul.... The Hondas and the Briggs are so easy to recondition ......

My channel name is Boo LuQuette .... Here is the link to my 1st video on that series...... kinda boring I think ....Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

https://youtu.be/ufDblE_IWNs

mytmouse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes you have to do stuff on the money side of things......... Was the carb a chinese knockoff or a Honda carb ??? One time I ordered a china carb for a guy and it didn't pan out ..... He wanted the cheap way out also... So the carb plus shipping to him and my labor cost more than me cleaning the carb in the first place..... Like they say a bought lesson is a learned lesson........... Wow fuel lines are expensive on line ..... Yes you will get some practice doing your old carb realizing there is no kit involved most of the time... Just a good deep cleaning like in the video..... You gonna go DUH when you clean yours....

BTW I am doing a series on a Briggs 6.75 EZ start engine overhaul.... The Hondas and the Briggs are so easy to recondition ......

My channel name is Boo LuQuette .... Here is the link to my 1st video on that series...... kinda boring I think ....Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

https://youtu.be/ufDblE_IWNs

I went with with an OEM carb. The price was like $14 so I didn't even look at the cost of the knockoffs. Shipping still was like 20% of my order though so I am thinking that my next order of parts I might just go with my local shop. I had to get some gaskets from them and they bundled my order with someone else's so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Since I'm in no rush that'll probably be my route next go round. This was my first time ever even tinkering with a small engine! So I'm excited to learn more! That carb will definitely get broken down and cleaned. :) I've even been looking for some decently priced broken down leaf blowers to see if I can bring them back to life, but I haven't seen anything worthwhile just yet.

I'll definitely check out and subscribe to your page. I have a Briggs and Stratton on my Craftsman. Thing starts first pull every time! I'm sure your videos will help a lot of people thought! If it weren't for the YT videos out there I don't think I would've even thought about messing with the Honda. :)