Kawasaki FD731V Carburetor piolet adjustment ?

x540

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, On my john Deere X540 I have the Kawasaki FD731V-HS02 and it seems lean on the starting circuit. I always have to use the choke when fully warmed up since new and starts hard when cold also. I have checked and cleaned the carb, replaced fuel filter, plugs air cleaner. I see there is 2 piolet adjustment screws, what way to adjust these to richen up a bit ? also what should they be set at to begin with ?

Threads
Usually the rule of thumb is 1 1/2 to 2 turns out...... Then fine tune from there......

Check yours first and compare it to what I said.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

x540

Forum Newbie
Threads
Usually the rule of thumb is 1 1/2 to 2 turns out...... Then fine tune from there......

Check yours first and compare it to what I said.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

I noticed the screws have a plastic sleeve that limits how far you can turn them either way, Should these be removed somehow ? I don't want to mess anything up !

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kawasaki carbs are different than other carbs. Adjusting screws are not set the same and unless you are familiar with two barrel carbs, you may make things worse. You might want to check section three of this manual before making any adjustments. Experience, a good ear and tachometer are your friends when making adjustments.
https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Ka...24-2065-01-KAWASAKI-SERVICE-REPAIR-MANUAL.pdf