Fuel Pump Question

Coattails

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. I'm new to this group and hoping someone can help me. I have an EZTrak Z225 with a single cylinder Briggs and Stratton engine. I want to replace the fuel pump, but I'm not sure how it's attached to the housing. I've replaced a similar one on my Huskee, but it's not obvious how I get this one off and I don't want to damage the housing. Is this a plastic nut cap? I can't tell. Thanks in advance for any advice.IMG_20181110_135853034.jpg

Threads
Just unbolt it and take the fuel lines off.... Oh I saw the pic.... You might have to take the air shroud off and see if there is a nut on the inside.......

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bladed screw driver and pop the darts out. Slow and careful and you won’t damage them.

Coattails

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was hoping someone would recognize what they were. Thanks!

Edit: It was just as Rivets said. Pins, or darts, as Rivets called them, held the pump in place. It was a bit of a pain to pry them out but easy to put back in with the new pump.

Thanks again, Rivets, and I appreciate you chiming in as well, Boudreaux. I learned two new terms today, shroud and darts. I chose my username well because I know the fastest way to success is riding on smarter people's coattails!

Last edited: