How often to check valve lash

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
.1 mm is not .010" to .012." Maybe he had a brain fart or was just flustered by the camera.

If you're adjusting valves, you're probably going to replace the plug, too. Take it out before adjusting the valves.

If you do the EOIC method you don't have to take off the rope starter and your cam followers are closer to directly opposite peak lift of the cam than they are at TDC.

Ava.Feret

Threads
If I service a mower I always check the valves. The problem with all the Honda's is the valve cover leaking. I suggest to switch to the 190 solid aluminum cover & gasket.They will not leak. It does take patience to do the valve adjustment.

(Account Closed)

Threads
Don't mean to push in but I'm wondering if the^^^^^ above post would help my problems with my BR700 at all.?. The issue is this; it is very difficult to pull the cord, feels like there is way to much compression. So when I pull the starter rope either i have to pull it hard enough that it snaps back or I pull it out to maximum length. I've had a BR600, and another BR700 both were very easy to start. BTW it's about two months old and did it from day one. What should I look at? Thx in advance.

I work on a customers BR 600 (commercial, run hard) blower. To crank over that machine (by myself), I have to set it on the ground, foot on the base, one hand ATOP the machine and pull with the other (mucho compression). One pull start (hot or cold)

As yours is new, the valve cover gasket should be fine to re-use.

You could have it checked under warranty but I'd check it myself so you know it's been done right for piece of mind..

Roymg

Threads
Sorry if this has already been asked. I couldn't find the answer. I have a Husqvarna push mower with a Honda GCV160 engine. The Husq owners manual does not mention checking the valve lash as part of the maintenance program. The Honda owners manual states that it should be checked every 100 hours. This mower is about 3 years old and only gets used to trim after mowing with a rider. Is it really necessary to check this that often?

Hmmmm...have owned these small engine type mowers for many ears and kept each one many years and never once did I ever have to adjust valves.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A good way to make gaskets if the part is flat is to put it on a scanner bed and scan it, now you have your pattern.

An customer of my previous business made decals & full body wraps.
He went one further and feed gasket material into his letter cutter and used the scans of old gaskets to cut new ones,
He also sat parts on his scanner and used these scans to cut custom gaskets.
The bike shop a few blocks away used to get him to cut hundreds of gaskets as it worked out about 10 of the price of buying factory ones and they could use better materials.

Padroo

Threads
I have scanned parts to make gaskets but not on a lawnmower yet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lanni at Coppergasketsus makes all of my head gaskets.
And he requires a scan of the head, even if it is over several pages.