john deere on a kubota

451johnny

Threads
can a rear john deere 60"mower ( brush hog mower ) be used with a Kubota B7001 4x4 ??? johnny

John Fitzgerald

Threads
It's only a 16 HP tractor. The brush hog should probably be limited to a 48" one, even a 42" would work well. The 60" is likely too large. Brand doesn't matter. Any brand Cat 1 implement will fit any Cat 1 tractor hitch.

451johnny

Threads
so the Kubota will not be able to pull the mower..??

John Fitzgerald

Threads
so the Kubota will not be able to pull the mower..??

Not a 5 footer, unless you go very slowly and the stuff you are cutting is not heavy. Also, a 5-footer may be too heavy for the rear hitch to easily lift. Our Kubota dealer had a 42" land pride brush hog that would be perfectly matched to that small tractor, but I think it would pull a 4 foot OK if you don't try to go too fast in heavy stuff.

451johnny

Threads
Not a 5 footer, unless you go very slowly and the stuff you are cutting is not heavy. Also, a 5-footer may be too heavy for the rear hitch to easily lift. Our Kubota dealer had a 42" land pride brush hog that would be perfectly matched to that small tractor, but I think it would pull a 4 foot OK if you don't try to go too fast in heavy stuff.

ok buddy really appreciate your help thanks...johnny

451johnny

Threads
well what im cutting is a 1 acre lawn its nothing heavy no brushes or nothing just small grass..??

John Fitzgerald

Threads
On lawn grass the cut will look rough and uneven, plus it's hard to mow low enough without the skids dragging and making ruts and torn spots in a lawn. I have my blades on the brush hog as sharp as lawn mower blades, and the grass cutting is still rough and about 4 inches high at the lowest setting. A brush hog with sharp blades is great for cutting grass that is cut only a few times, or even once a growing season. It will go through 12 inch tall grass that would almost instantly choke most finish mowers.

SidecarFlip

Threads
I run a 7 foot Land Pride rear hog and John is correct, mowing grass with a hog leaves a ragged cut. It's a brush hog, not a lawn mower.