Issue with Husqvarna YTH22V46 stuck in freewheel mode

prag16

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Issue with Husqvarna YTH22V46 stuck in freewheel mode
I have a YTH22V46. I finished mowing, then pulled the freewheel release rod at the back outward to allow me to push/roll the tractor into its storage location.

Normally I just press the brake/clutch pedal on the left side with my foot to re-engage, so that it will no longer roll freely, but this had no effect. The mower could still roll freely. I manually pushed the rod at the back of the mower back in, and it clicked into place, but the mower STILL was able to roll freely. I repeated this a few more times with no luck.

Searching around, 99.9% of complaints involve the opposite problem, the mower being unable to go into neutral, or parking brake unable to release, so I can't really find anything on the exact issue I'm having.

Any idea what may be going on here? Anything to look for? Thanks!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure rod is still connected.

prag16

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure rod is still connected.

Finally got a chance to look again. The rod was connected, but it's quite thin and flimsy on the model I have; it was bend and hence not traveling far enough for the transmission to engage/disengage. I bent it back and it's working now, but this doesn't seem like a permanent solution. Replacing the part would get me another flimsy piece of metal, so many I should try to jury rig something at some point. We'll see. Thanks!