Troy Bilt Storm 2860 wont start

DB14867

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I bought a new Troy Bilt Storm 2860 late last spring and used it a couple of times. I use ethanol free gas and treat it. I left the fuel in it since it was treated (bad move). Yesterday I tried to start it and no go. I finally got the shroud off and got some starting fluid into the carb and it started right up and ran for a few seconds. The tube to the primer bulbs is OK, so no air leaks there.

How much of a job it it to get the carb off and clean it?

Does anyone know where you can find a manual on the engine etc?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Threads
What engine do you have and a Model number is needed for us to tell you anything....

I can tell you a carb job is an easy one ...........

DB14867

Forum Newbie
Threads
it's the 243 cc engine, not sure the model, where can I find it on the engine?

Is it as easy as just getting it apart and using some carb cleaner since it is relatively new?

Thanks

Dave

Threads
it's the 243 cc engine, not sure the model, where can I find it on the engine?

Is it as easy as just getting it apart and using some carb cleaner since it is relatively new?

Thanks

Dave
we getting closer .......... Is it a briggs engine ??

Threads
I googled your info and it's looks you got a Briggs on a snow thrower....

The model will be on the shiny valve cover ...........

DB14867

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some pics.

I have read that the engine is actually a Chinese brand called Powermore, and is supposedly very similar to a Honda engine and made for MTD (TroyBilt). TroyBilt Snowblower Valve Cover.jpgTroyBilt Snowblower Carb.jpgTroyBilt Engine Serial Num.jpg

Thanks

Dave

Threads
Ok now we know ..... Yes the carb is easy .... We don't use snow stuff down here but this past winter we almost needed them.... 3 snows a year is unheard of.... Maybe 1 every 15 years and it lasts only a day on the ground......

Back to the carb just take it off and take it apart....... Clean well with carb spray.... I don't know which carb you have but the bowl nut might be a jet also.... It will have a hole in the top of it and 2 on the sides if it is a jet......

Let us know mon Ami ~!~!