Winter break

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you run it some in the winter mulching leaves or pulling carts, etc, you really don't need to do anything beyond keeping sta-bil in your gas and keeping the battery charged.

That's all I do with mine, and they start up fine. Sometimes it's six or eight weeks between starts. I give the batteries a full charge about every two weeks.

Be aware Sta-Bil does have a shelf life, so it does go bad. Once opened that date should be marked on the bottle.

Seafoam OTH can stabilize gas for 2 years & I tested it. & once opened can sit on your shelf for 40 years & still be good to use.

Best price for Seafoam is usually @ Wal-Mart around $6.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Be aware Sta-Bil does have a shelf life, so it does go bad. Once opened that date should be marked on the bottle.

Seafoam OTH can stabilize gas for 2 years & I tested it. & once opened can sit on your shelf for 40 years & still be good to use.

Best price for Seafoam is usually @ Wal-Mart around $6.

Sta-Bil is good for two years after opening, according to the label. I put it in my gas year round, so a large bottle lasts a little over one year.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sta-Bil is good for two years after opening, according to the label. I put it in my gas year round, so a large bottle lasts a little over one year.

The bottle of Sta-Bil once opened, is good for 2 years, but the gas stabilized with it is only good for 1 year.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
The bottle of Sta-Bil once opened, is good for 2 years, but the gas stabilized with it is only good for 1 year.

And don't forget there "NUMBERS" , Budweisers are good to last drop ! HMMmmm Budweisers ?? I thought it was Budweisers, maybe it was Scotch, or Pepsi.... ?? Oh well .... :laughing:..:laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Boo- Distilled water too..:thumbsup:

Threads
I usually pull my engines in winter months on all my walkers we get into so much freaking dust and dirt here with the leaves we deal with and spring short mows and powerraking and all that good stuff. I like to just really clean them all up and blow all the dirt out of them. When my equitment all sits through the winter I have the tanks almost empty but I go out about 2 or 3 times a month and start everything I have weedeaters, stick edgers, blowers, mowers and I let them run 20 to 30 minutes just to keep oil and everything circulating and keeps batteries charged up. I have never had any problems at all when spring time comes and its time to get started. works for me anyways.