Winter break

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What's the best thing to do with the fuel in the Cub over winter? I probably have 1 mowing left. Should I just let the carb run out of fuel? Should I add a additive of some sort, or just put fresh gas in it next spring?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're running ethanol gas, drain it. If you're running ethanol-free gas, you don't need to do anything.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I now advise all customers to completely drain the entire fuel system before storing any units for the season, no matter what type of fuel they use. Even take the time to show them how to drain the carb bowl. Has eliminated a lot of beginning of next season headaches.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I do the same as Rivets.
It has more to do with the microclimate where your gear will be stored than what is in the tank.
So to be on the safe side it is run everything dry or tip the fuel out and put it in your car.
Runs along the lines of
"A gun is always loaded and every horse kicks"

Rus A

Threads
What's the best thing to do with the fuel in the Cub over winter? I probably have 1 mowing left. Should I just let the carb run out of fuel? Should I add a additive of some sort, or just put fresh gas in it next spring?

Put Sta bil in the gas tank. fill it up so water dont condense in tank causin it rust. Turn valve off. start engine and let it run until carb is empty of fuel stalling engine. Store in cool dry place for winter.

Threads

Hey Neighbor been a while since we talked on here .........

Empty it out and pour it in your truck.....Or car.... Then start the engine and run the carb dry..... Waiting to hear from you on my shop phone again...... 337 546 5712

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Rus A

Threads
If you're running ethanol gas, drain it. If you're running ethanol-free gas, you don't need to do anything.
It is pretty hard to buy gas in Michigan that is not 10% methanol

John Fitzgerald

Threads

If you run it some in the winter mulching leaves or pulling carts, etc, you really don't need to do anything beyond keeping sta-bil in your gas and keeping the battery charged.

That's all I do with mine, and they start up fine. Sometimes it's six or eight weeks between starts. I give the batteries a full charge about every two weeks.