Cub Cadet LT1045 Start Problems

vern66

Threads
The part at the link you provided appears "visually" to be the same as my actual original part. However, the identification numbers seem to have no reference to applying to the Engine numbers I included in my post. The confusion seems to be that apparently ALL parts diagrams do not list the Solenoid as a separate item (separate part number) and is listed as part of the Carburetor units.

However, yesterday after my last post I found two different part numbers for a Solenoid that "hopefully" is a replacement unit for my engine. Those numbers are: KH-24-757-45-S and KH-12-757-33 with the last number being visually more like the original than the first. I was going to call Kohler to try to check and verify if these numbers ARE or are NOT the proper part for my engine. Today is a holiday so the call was not productive.

I think I will find an "after market" source and (since the price is nominal) go ahead and order a solenoid for the last number above. The OEM prices for these are rather expensive to the point of being almost like "legal robbery"

Thanks again for your help -- Vern....

Note: I like your Play comments. I am age 86 and still enjoy playing and keeping active.

Forgot to mention:
It appears the Solenoid malfunction is intermittent and not consistent. While the engine was running (at a normal idle) I disconnected the power connection wire and the engine stopped almost immediately -- so the coil definitely had the plunger" pulled open allowing the flow of fuel and the wire disconnect allowed the "plunger" to return in the closed upward position and shut off the fuel causing the engine to stop.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The part at the link you provided appears "visually" to be the same as my actual original part. However, the identification numbers seem to have no reference to applying to the Engine numbers I included in my post. The confusion seems to be that apparently ALL parts diagrams do not list the Solenoid as a separate item (separate part number) and is listed as part of the Carburetor units.

However, yesterday after my last post I found two different part numbers for a Solenoid that "hopefully" is a replacement unit for my engine. Those numbers are: KH-24-757-45-S and KH-12-757-33 with the last number being visually more like the original than the first. I was going to call Kohler to try to check and verify if these numbers ARE or are NOT the proper part for my engine. Today is a holiday so the call was not productive.

I think I will find an "after market" source and (since the price is nominal) go ahead and order a solenoid for the last number above. The OEM prices for these are rather expensive to the point of being almost like "legal robbery"

Thanks again for your help -- Vern....

Note: I like your Play comments. I am age 86 and still enjoy playing and keeping active.

You are way over thinking this. Look at the link I gave you. It says it is for part 12 757 33-S. I, as with almost everyone on here I would not post a part that we did not know would work. We research before we post.

vern66

Threads
You are way over thinking this. Look at the link I gave you. It says it is for part 12 757 33-S. I, as with almost everyone on here I would not post a part that we did not know would work. We research before we post.

Perhaps I am (or have been) overly cautious regarding selecting the correct replacement part due primarily to all of my research and searching many Web Sites prior to posting my inquiry on this Forum. I am rather new to the Forums and certainly agree (with you) that most replies have been logical and helpful. However, the various searching I did trying to select the correct part was different -- especially trying to use parts diagrams that did not identify the Solenoid as an individual part. It was a part of (included in) the Carburetor. Also, there was no contact during the weekend (or holiday) to discuss with Manufacturer Support.

Evidently, I must have upset you --and-- if I have, I apologize for that. It certainly is not my intentions to do that for anyone.

Again, I appreciate your help

My Regards, Vern.....

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Perhaps I am (or have been) overly cautious regarding selecting the correct replacement part due primarily to all of my research and searching many Web Sites prior to posting my inquiry on this Forum. I am rather new to the Forums and certainly agree (with you) that most replies have been logical and helpful. However, the various searching I did trying to select the correct part was different -- especially trying to use parts diagrams that did not identify the Solenoid as an individual part. It was a part of (included in) the Carburetor. Also, there was no contact during the weekend (or holiday) to discuss with Manufacturer Support.

Evidently, I must have upset you --and-- if I have, I apologize for that. It certainly is not my intentions to do that for anyone.

Again, I appreciate your help

My Regards, Vern.....

Vern,

I am not upset I just stink at writing. I do not always come across correctly when putting types to computer screen. Not wasting money is a good thing and we as a whole try to not have people waste it. I was going to put on my last post that we are not mowing anymore so you can take a long time to get this fixed. Enjoy the learning experience. If we stop learning we are dead.:thumbsup::cool:

vern66

Threads
Vern,

I am not upset I just stink at writing. I do not always come across correctly when putting types to computer screen. Not wasting money is a good thing and we as a whole try to not have people waste it. I was going to put on my last post that we are not mowing anymore so you can take a long time to get this fixed. Enjoy the learning experience. If we stop learning we are dead.:thumbsup::cool:

I received the new Solenoid today (Sat 11-17-2018) and installed. It now works perfectly. I Mulched leaves after the replacement and it re-starts as it should with no issues. The cost delivered for the Solenoid was $11.49.

Regards to all, Vern....