blade of tractor stuck on tree root -- any tips?

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran my JD 110 lawn tractor over a root -- it stopped the mower and now it is stuck. Blade appears to be imbedded solidly in wood root, so it does not move at all. Any tips?

Very frustrating. Rain is 2 hours away.

Thank you.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hammer to the blade.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Clevis, log chain, pickup. Pull in the opposite direction that the mower was traveling.

The mower spindle is probably already bent so you're not going to do it any more harm.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you both. I'll try those when the weather lets up. Appreciate it.

CityslickerGar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a similar problem, JD E130. I zoned out and ran over the tree root. Mower died. Disengaged pto (manual) and restarted tractor, running fine, but tractor won't move because the blade is stuck in the root. Can I just try to take the blade off and roll the mower off to a safe place where I can replace the blade? I don't have a mower jack, winch or a truck. Thanks for your help!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a similar problem, JD E130. I zoned out and ran over the tree root. Mower died. Disengaged pto (manual) and restarted tractor, running fine, but tractor won't move because the blade is stuck in the root. Can I just try to take the blade off and roll the mower off to a safe place where I can replace the blade? I don't have a mower jack, winch or a truck. Thanks for your help!
Yes.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Clevis, log chain, pickup. Pull in the opposite direction that the mower was traveling.

The mower spindle is probably already bent so you're not going to do it any more harm.
If it has stamped deck that could also bend the deck. imo.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Undo the deck to remove it from the mower
Lift the rear of the mower ( because it is the light end ) and move it around to leave the deck exposed
Drive away if you want .
With the mower out of the way, pry bars or similar should be able to get the deck off the root.
If not then undo the nut on the top of the pulley and lift / jack the deck clear.
That will then leave you with the blade stuck into the root with the spindle shaft & bottom bearing on the blade.
Note there may also be a bearing spacer that may fall out
The blade will be a write off
The spindle housing will also most likely be cracked through the mounting tabs & also a write off
Won't hurt the mower to get rained on, just keep the hood closed & tip the seat forward to prevent it filling with water .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it even still has a hood...