buying a used scag

dfbroxy

Threads
I looked up your tractor to get a better idea of what we are talking about. My opinion for what its worth (?????) is that I wouldnt take that trade unless he threw in about 1500 cash. You could buy a 60' finishing mower to pull behind yours and know it will work for years to come (with minimum cost). It might take up to 2-3 grand to get his going. AND 2200 hours on a gas mower engine is a lot. It could last 5000 or blow at 2201, who knows? For me that is too big a risk. Yours is a multi purpose tractor and his is only a mower. Google yours and see what they are selling for, then think if you would pay that for his broke zt.

451johnny

Threads
I looked up your tractor to get a better idea of what we are talking about. My opinion for what its worth (?????) is that I wouldnt take that trade unless he threw in about 1500 cash. You could buy a 60' finishing mower to pull behind yours and know it will work for years to come (with minimum cost). It might take up to 2-3 grand to get his going. AND 2200 hours on a gas mower engine is a lot. It could last 5000 or blow at 2201, who knows? For me that is too big a risk. Yours is a multi purpose tractor and his is only a mower. Google yours and see what they are selling for, then think if you would pay that for his broke zt.

thank you so much for that advice I'm definitely taking it...johnny

dfbroxy

Threads
Let me correct my last post. I looked up sale price and with some cleaning up and a coat of paint you could ask $3500 or more. That would make a nice down payment on a new commercial ZT. Or a very good used one with much lower hours without a payment.

451johnny

Threads

I took your advise and Google my Kubota and found out its probably worth 3 to $3500 wow I knew Kubota's were good tractors but didn't know they were worth that much...thanks again...johnny

451johnny

Threads
Let me correct my last post. I looked up sale price and with some cleaning up and a coat of paint you could ask $3500 or more. That would make a nice down payment on a new commercial ZT. Or a very good used one with much lower hours without a payment.

yup just found that out now too and I think i'm going to do exactly what you said..thank you so so much ,,,johnny