Briggs & Stratton troubleshoot

Greystone123

Threads
Hi everyone,

I have a Briggs & Stratton 15.5 hp. I have replaced the battery, starter, solenoid, checked all connections, switch, adjusted valves, flywheel key way/coil gap, etc. If I turn the engine by hand all the way to the left until it stops, and then it will start. However, when I turn it off and try and start it regular the starter gets hot and it won’t turn over. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this issue. i have tried literally everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Threads
Sounds like the ACR on the camshaft let loose and is on the bottom of your sump cover...... Common problem on these engines..

In fact I just ordered one for a guy on this forum a couple of weeks ago.......

Greystone123

Threads
Thank you for the tip. I will let you know if it works.

Threads
Yes please do. Thank you.

Ok here it is. Sorry for the late reply, but I had company for the big game and some great supper.........Cajun Style......

You can skip the video to the 6 minute mark and then at 8;23 it explains the ACR on the camshaft...... Please watch the whole video as there is more important info that you need to know......

Call Pro Parts direct and talk to Ed Or Frank and tell em Boudreaux sent you..... Or I can ship you parts for a lil less than them.....

Here's the link Mon Ami ~!~!

https://youtu.be/dWHPHGZAvj4

Threads
BTW Let me know if this is your problem for sure........ I don't want to miss diagnose your issue with your engine.......

But that is a very common issue with you engine.... If you have done everything adjusting the valves properly and new electrical parts and cleaning all connections very well, then the ACR on the cam is the only thing left in the diagnosis....

It's not in front of me, so I cannot see for myself what is your issue.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Greystone123

Threads
Hello again,

My motor doesn't have a slot in the camshaft for an oil pump. Does it matter either way?

Greystone123

Threads
Sorry forgot to ask. How much for the items below from you?

How much is the camshaft, lifters, housing gasket, oil seal, and a rocker cover gasket?