Question on the GXV120 fuel line- also crankcase to air intake hose

slow_runner

Threads
  • / Question on the GXV120 fuel line- also crankcase to air intake hose
About the fuel line. It is 3/16" at the carb and 5/16" onto the fuel tank.
Do I require a genuine item or will standard 3/16" fuel line be satisfactory if I put one end in hot water and feed/form it onto the fuel tank spigot??
A stepped adapter is possible but if hot water will do the job..........

I attended to the Victa/Honda today. The Honda started well enough but no throttle response.
It appeared that someone had buggered about with the choke because it was oriented incorrectly with the quadrant 90 to the left; I disengaged the tension spring and leveraged the plastic quadrant over the stop pin-sorted.
Along with that the governor plate(?) had been butchered with the choke arm bent and twisted all about and very sloppy at the pivot., the guts of the kill switch was missing, the speed control/choke mechanism was sloppy also.
All sorted with the aid of a small ball pein hammer, ball bearing, larger hammer, pliers etc. I salvaged a rusty kill switch off an old donor motor- with the aid of the Dremel it cleaned up well so I saw to it with some dilute phosphoric acid then a coating of boiled linseed oil/mineral turps on it; also coated all other slightly corroded fixtures. The boiled linseed oil will harden off and seal the rust for a long time- it's good stuff and cheap..

Attachments

• choke not quite correct.jpg
    choke not quite correct.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 15
  • choke quadrant on donor GXV120.jpg
    choke quadrant on donor GXV120.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

slow_runner

Threads
  • / Question on the GXV120 fuel line- also crankcase to air intake hose
Yes,the feel line on GXV 120 is the pain in the butt .one side is 3/8 and one side is 3/16 .Part# 17512-ZE6_000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1453034-TU...h=item2edeb52df5:g:1tcAAOxynLhSAAQV:rk:4:pf:0
I don't know about mounting GXV on Victa ,belived it require more power and puller to run belt to drive

Thanks for the link, although the purchase price is reasonable, the crazy shipping price (NZD62.05) is cause for thinking on; diabolical.
I was advised to buy fuel line at Repco and warm one end and Bobs your Uncle, but no way on this earth was that going to work. So I have two short lengths of 3/16" and 5/16" auto fuel line in the spares drawer ($8 + a $4 donation to the children heart fund ):smile: - maybe I will cobble up a 3/16" and 5/16" adapter later.
For now I have robbed a piece of plastic from an older spray unit. It will be chemical resistant and so far has not shown any detrimental reaction to the fuel ( I soaked a short sample in fuel for a day+ before fitting).

The Victa is a push mower with facility to mount Victa, Honda, Techumseh or B&S motors.
A 20mm spacer plate compensates for the longer Honda shaft.
It starts easy, choke and kill functions work but there is no variation between idle and run.
Maybe the carb needs a good clean?

Last edited: