Troy-Bilt/Briggs Won't Start/No Spark

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah but.......
I can relate as to having ideas rolling around in my head that I cannot reconcile......right,wrong,or otherwise.
I understand the circular logic...
Sometimes ya just gotta spell it out on a 3 x 5 index card in magic marker, stick it on a 20 penny spike
driven thru the end of a 4' long 2 x 4, and deliver to the forehead.......

Threads
Okay, no more ohms talk. I'm getting to much information that is way to technical and questions are being asked that I have already addressed either here or in the other forum. The general consensus is still that the coil is the problem and the fix is to "try" another coil. "Get a good known coil", I thought I did that when I bought the new coils. I borrowed my Son's mower so I have cut the grass for the last time this season. If I figure out how to economically get a proper coil to "try" I'll tackle this problem again or, as someone suggested, I might just give up and look for a reasonably priced (the price of a OEM coil?) working used mower on craigslist. Should I resolve the no-spark issue I'll update this thread. I appreciate everyone's effort to assist.

Hey Mon Ami Does 23.00 $ for a good coil sound good to you ???? That will be shipped to your door for that price.....

Let me know Mon Ami ~!~!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bonjour,Boux

NeedAFix

Threads
Hey Mon Ami Does 23.00 $ for a good coil sound good to you ???? That will be shipped to your door for that price.....
Let me know Mon Ami ~!~!

Off topic, I have not been getting email notices of replies to this forum. Can that be fixed? If so, how?

Contrary to the opinion of some, I have replied to questions asked and I have tried what has been suggested. Boudreaux, yes, I would like to mount a known good coil to determine that the coil is really the problem. I don't know how we would proceed with the transaction. Please advise.

Threads
Off topic, I have not been getting email notices of replies to this forum. Can that be fixed? If so, how?

Contrary to the opinion of some, I have replied to questions asked and I have tried what has been suggested. Boudreaux, yes, I would like to mount a known good coil to determine that the coil is really the problem. I don't know how we would proceed with the transaction. Please advise.

First check your alert box for a message I sent you. The alert box is the 4th icon from the left....

As for as alerts to your email I don't know because I get them automatically when someone replies, but I am on here all the time anyway so I see it before it's sent to my email..........

NeedAFix

Threads
Off Topic
As for as alerts to your email I don't know because I get them automatically when someone replies..

Odd, I got an email notifying me of your "Private Message" but I did not get an email about your new forum response in that regard.

Threads
Off Topic

Odd, I got an email notifying me of your "Private Message" but I did not get an email about your new forum response in that regard.

I think there is a way in settings to get regular notifications to your Email but I don't know how to direct you to that....

Maybe Catherine can help you with that,,,,, but if you are not going to be on here for a long period of time then you won't need it...

Unless you want to join us on here regular to say Hello and hang around.... BTW I got your PM and I will make a video of the coil you need on You Tube and show you that it works OK.......

I will post a link when I make the video Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
Need A Fix........... Ok I got you a coil...... I had one of of the same engine you have and I tested it on another mower I have here... No Meter test a real test.......

DO NOT PUT A METER ON THIS COIL TO COMPARE READINGS. Please...... I will ship in a couple days when the Pay Pal goes in the bank......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

NeedAFix

Threads
Recap: TroyBilt push mower, pull cord recoil start, 4 cycle 5HP B&S engine, no spark
The fact that you assured me that you will eventually send me a known good coil is reason enough for me to NOT use a meter to test resistance. I have meter tested the wires on the kill switch (both the ground side and the run side) and the wiring is good. Once the coil is properly installed (gapped and right side up) I will reassemble the engine cover and fuel tank. To initially test for spark I will spray starting fluid into the carb throat and then attempt to start. Hopefully I'll get sound from the starting fluid igniting and know that I finally have spark.