9772 Deck question

bozoc

Threads
Does anyone have a routing diagram for the drive belt on a 9772 front mount deck? I have the new belt on and it is working but is rubbing against the base of the idler arm and smells like burning rubber so I know something is wrong. I have the belt routed on the inside of the idler arm base and I think it may go on the outside but I can't figure out how to route the belt outside the base. I can't tell much from the belt replacement diagram in the manual. I am a willing novice.:laughing::laughing:

Threads
Here is a picture from our schematic showing the belt route. Hope this helps!

IMG_1650.jpg

Last edited:
Threads
I was able to add the picture to the first reply! Holler at me if you need anything else!

ran

Threads
On mine I got the 3461 deck the cover that goes over the belts on the under side of it is a sticker with the belt diagram.

Threads
On mine I got the 3461 deck the cover that goes over the belts on the under side of it is a sticker with the belt diagram.

Good point. You can still get a sticker for the 9772 deck if yours is gone. Part number is 162065. Should cost you $2.20 plus tax and freight! Not to bad for a reminder!