1981 OH 140 no spark

Rus A

Threads
My Deines 1440 zero turn engine began to miss, cough, sputter. Full of gas & oil. After a while it finally died. Took it to a small engine shop. Unloaded under its own power. The guy drove it closer later. Since then no spark at all. 3 years back one of the magnets came loose inside the flywheel. It still had lots of spark but wierd looking. I pulled it, tore it down and found that. Glued it back on reassembled it and away it went. I'm thinkin I might need to pull the flywheel again. Maybe another magnet came loose and damaged some wires this time. Will this engine normally have spark after unplugging the 3 wire plug for the charge/kill system? It don't now. Starter spins it well. Like said before it is an OH 140. 14 horsepower, overhead valve single cylinder.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Will it have spark after unplugging the 3 wire connector? Yes and no. If the kill wire is shorting out under the shroud, it will not have spark. If the kill wire is in good condition and the coil is good, it should have spark. I suspect that your coil is bad, which is not good, as most of these coils are no longer available. Please provide us with the spec number for the engine, as Tecumseh used a couple of different coils on the OH140.

Rus A

Threads
Will it have spark after unplugging the 3 wire connector? Yes and no. If the kill wire is shorting out under the shroud, it will not have spark. If the kill wire is in good condition and the coil is good, it should have spark. I suspect that your coil is bad, which is not good, as most of these coils are no longer available. Please provide us with the spec number for the engine, as Tecumseh used a couple of different coils on the OH140.

The numbers off it are OH140 then 160021C. Serial # 1257? impact damage makes it look like letter F but could be just 1. only 5 digits. This is in a 1981 vintage, Marty J Deines ZTR mower. built in Ransom Kansas. Still making updated versions. The Mower model designation is a 1440, meaning 14 HP and 40" deck. I recently bought another (1984) Deines. It is an 1860. 18 hp twin Kohler Magnum horizontal shaft. 60 inch deck.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Coil part number is 610906, which is no longer available. You’ll need to search the web or see if a dealer in your area has a used one laying around. Good Luck.