Kohler Magnum 18 opposed twin spark issue.

Rus A

Threads
Can you check the spark by unplugging the wires from the engine and spinning it? I put spark testers on the wires & plugs and turned it with another engine. Nothing. I know this works with some engines that have built in alternators. Usually 3 wire plug on them One for
the kill switch and 2 for the charging system. It might be that the magnets on the flywheel are dirty/rusty too. Any suggestions out there? Also do these cylinders fire alternately or at the same time?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you check the spark by unplugging the wires from the engine and spinning it? I put spark testers on the wires & plugs and turned it with another engine. Nothing. I know this works with some engines that have built in alternators. Usually 3 wire plug on them One for
the kill switch and 2 for the charging system. It might be that the magnets on the flywheel are dirty/rusty too. Any suggestions out there? Also do these cylinders fire alternately or at the same time?

see the reply to your first post https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/newreply.php?p=316186&noquote=1
Please start a new repair thread in the kohler section.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully, you're getting some help already in your other threads :smile:

Flintmotorsports

Threads
welcome to the forum

check out i save tractors .com for any antique engine parts.