Best battery for a YT-3000?

Swami7774

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to replace the battery for my 2009 edition YT-3000. The battery in there now is a Diehard; not sure if it’s the original but I probably replaced it somewhere along the line.
I had to jumpstart it today and it wasn’t even that cold. What’s the best, strongest, most reliable(especially in cold weather) battery I can get? Thanks in advance.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We use Interstate batteries in all equipment, from lawn tractors to Kubota L-series. If you have a single cylinder engine I recommend an SP-35 and in a twin SP-40. We replace over 100 batteries a year and 90% are batteries purchased at Batteries Plus or the big box stores.

Swami7774

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. We don’t have Batteries Plus around here, and if we did I wouldn’t buy there.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Best battery is one that fits the space and holds a charge....lol

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I get the sealed AGM batteries in the U1R size. They may cost a little more, but seem to last at least twice as long for me. I trickle charge at 1.5 amps for two to three days during the winter about once every three weeks.

SidecarFlip

Threads
I buy the cheap flooded cell ones at the farm store. I get 2, possibly 3 years from them. Of course they are on a 'Tender' in the winter. If I was really flush, I'd buy a Hawker AGM but I'm not.

Padroo

Threads
My TORO is 14 years old and on it's 3rd battery. It gets parked in the winter and always starts in the spring and has never seen a battery charger. I should check the voltage and see how much it drops but it can't be much.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My '08 Chevy truck battery still has the original battery in it, that's 11 years old according to the build sheet. Still tests out in the very good range in voltage & load tests.

But I use 1.5 Amp Battery MINDers* with temperature compensators.

My Toro is over 4 yrs old & still on OE battery, that's young. So we'll see how long I can keep it alive. :laughing: