White LT1650 Solenoid

cstandi1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently replaced the solenoid on my White LT1650. I have it running now but as I was troubling shooting the repair I realized that I was getting a voltage reading across the solenoid. As I understand it there should be no charge across the solenoid until I turn the mower on. With the key in the off position I show a full 12 volts across both nodes. Is this correct or do I have some sort of wiring problem somewhere? Thanks.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should have no volts (0 volts) across the two big leads, ie the one from the battery and the one that goes to the starter, until you turn the key to start.

cstandi1

Forum Newbie
Threads
You should have no volts (0 volts) across the two big leads, ie the one from the battery and the one that goes to the starter, until you turn the key to start.

Thanks, any ideas where I could start looking to figure out why this is happening?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please tell us how you are testing voltage across the solenoid. Please test for voltage at the starter, positive lead on starter terminal and negative lead on a good ground, with key switch off. Tell us what you get.

MowLife

Threads
If you have power on both large terminals you starter should be engaging. Make sure there in no voltage at the trip terminal on the solenoid when key is off.