Been researching and pricing battery powered trimmers and blowers

John Fitzgerald

Threads
  • / Been researching and pricing battery powered trimmers and blowers
The technology has not caught up with gas for heavy duty use. My straight shaft string trimmer with .095 line is far ahead on power and run time when compared.
Battery powered blowers are way more expensive for the comparable CFM of air moved, and have short run times in high powered models, according to reviews.
I'm waiting for now, and keeping my quite old gas models going.

Comments?

Padroo

Threads
Are you a home owner a professional landscaper?

I bought a bunch of Greenworks 40V products for home use and am quite happy with the run time.

I bought two string trimmers, one for my wife and a bigger one for me, a leaf blower for small jobs, a chain saw,
and a hedge trimmer on a pole and run them on three batteries and two chargers.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Small farm owner, 31 acres total. Trimming around the edges of the place, need at least .095 line and a strong trimmer. Yard itself is only 0.6 acre chain link fenced, but we get lots of heavy oak leaves from several big trees.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an Echo 58 Volt weedeater with 4 AH battery. I run .105 line on it and it will run about the same length of time as a 225 echo will on a tank of gas and it is very strong. I got rid of all of my gas powered ones and that is the only thing I am running. I have a hand held blower, a weedeater that is the PAS unit. I have run an edger on it as well and it did great. I also have the 58 volt Chain saw and the 58 volt hedge trimmers. I do a lot of work and I don't see me going back to gas powered equipment unless I end up having to have another back pack blower.

Surfwooder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live in New Hampshire, where it has become impossible to find a gas station that sells non-ethanol gas. You can buy non-ethanol gas in a can at all the big box stores and lawn mower dealers, but the cost is about $20.00 per can. So, for my hand yard equipment I have been using Ryobi tools, sold by Home Depot. I bought a 40v chain saw, string trimmer, pole saw, and blower. I've found the 40v system is the best, with long battery life. I've found electric just causes to much wire to stretch out, and dangerous. With every Ryobi, I get a new battery and charger, so I carry a fully charged spare battery, and make quick changes while in the field. I just bought a brush trimmer for my string trimmer for cutting paths in the woods, to dump my lawn cuttings. The ethanol gas we get at the pump will ruin small gas engines, and even lawn tractors if it is not drained from the tanks. The ethanol will dissolve any plastic part it contacts, including carbs, fuel lines, and rubber hoses.