stihl leaf blower

pasmallengine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All, looking for some input. I have a stihl BG55 leaf blower that will start and won't run with the spark arrestor in. The arrestor is 100% clean but when I put it in I can start the motor but it will not accelerate up. I can take it out and the engine will start and rev up without much of a problem. Put new carb and spark plug in it yesterday. Carb adjusted out fine without the spark arrestor in it. So question is why will it run pretty well without the arrestor in even a clean arrestor and barely run with the arrestor in. Thanks in advance for any help.

Padroo

Threads
I see where this is a common problem on YouTube but couldn't find anything else to help you.
When you had the spark arrestor off did you check the port upstream of it to make sure it was clear?
I am disappointed that Stihl would release a product like this that wasn't more serviceable.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
It could be your muffler itself is restricted and adding the screen overwhelms it ..... worth checking.....

Padroo

Threads
I don't own any 2-Cycle engines anymore. I had a used 2-Cycle Lawnboy that had a huge muffler under the deck and it was plugged up. I think I used oven cleaner on it.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Back in the day, Stihl was the best. That has all changed with the advent of the noise police and the plastic engineers. Today, Stihl is basically overpriced junk,

MowLife

Threads
Back in the day, Stihl was the best. That has all changed with the advent of the noise police and the plastic engineers. Today, Stihl is basically overpriced junk,

Stihl 2-cycle are awesome.....when they went to 4 mix is when they went down hill imo.