Repairs Extremely LOUD noise w/Forward gear

qtech

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is an MTD 13AK608G062 (2000) w/single speed transmission. When I put the tractor in forward gear and drive, I am hearing an very loud noise and am really trying to figure out what it is and where it's coming from. I'm not sure if it's a belt, pulley, brakes, wheels, low/dirty oil or something with the transaxle. It happens in both Forward and Reverse, but it's very quiet to almost non-existent when in Reverse. When in Forward though, it is so loud that I can hear it over the engine and even over the mower deck when engaged. It gets progressively louder when I speed up. Sometimes when going down hill, the noise will get a bit quieter. I already tried messing with the gear shifter while driving to see if maybe pushing it forward, backward, up or down would quiet or even change the noise and it made no difference at all. The noise is exactly the same no matter the terrain.

I am just hoping one of you will recognize the sounds/symptoms or at least be able to point me in the right direction, so I don't go wasting a ton of time and money by fixing the wrong parts. Any ideas???

Link to my video -

Last edited: