Tow Behind Leaf Vacuum

kcender

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new so please excuse if this is a repetitive Q. I would like to buy a tow behind leaf vac for my riding mower. Trouble is, my leaves are not on the lawn. Instead, they are on un-even dirt or gravel and I don't cherish the thought of first running debris through my blades. Basically, I would be content with towing the vacuum with my machine and remotely using a suction hose to vacuum the leaves up. Can someone point me towards a high capacity vac machine with only this dedicated feature? I have struck out so far. Thanks!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our mower and equipment buying and pricing section to see if we can find you some advice :smile:

Gearjammer

Threads
Lawn Sweepers

There are many lawn sweepers that use the wheels to turn brushes that sweep up leaves and debris. I bought one at a local lumber yard for under $200. You could raise the deck high enough to miss the rocks and not run mower deck at all. If its really rough ground you could pull the deck off and just pull the sweeper through the mess several times. Good luck. Gearjammer

Aleks

Threads
The best thing to look at if you go the blower/vac route is how easy it is to change from blower to vac. I have read here https://leafvacuummulcherexpert.com/ that Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum has such features. I am considering getting this unit soon, so I'll keep you posted.

ukrkoz

Threads
I simply more or less swip leaves to a condensed strip with blower, then raise my mower deck to highest position and mow leaves. I do several passes over them. Blades chop leaves into small chunks that naturally decompose very fast. I just did this yesterday on two large areas covered with leaves. It leaves a bit darkened lawn patch behind but that is gone in 2 weeks. I'd not be spending on vacs and such. Besides, chopped leaves are natural fertilizer.