Great Dane Chariot 52"deck

tybilly

Threads
I couldn't find a great Dane forum but I'm working on a deck belt tension J hook . Once tightened it bends I have replaced all the bushings in both idler arms.and tried routing the j both left and right side of the idler arms. Wondering if there was an upgrade to the J hook thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The J hook connects to spring # 28025 and the spring connects to the L shaped pin welded to the tensioning arm.
So the spring ( if fitted ) should stretch well before the 1/4" steel rod J hook.
Me thinks you might be missing something.

tybilly

Threads
The J hook connects to spring # 28025 and the spring connects to the L shaped pin welded to the tensioning arm.
So the spring ( if fitted ) should stretch well before the 1/4" steel rod J hook.
Me thinks you might be missing something.

It's on a GDRZ22KHE
The diagram shows only hooks no springs

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's on a GDRZ22KHE
The diagram shows only hooks no springs

So how does the tensioner accomodate fluctuations in the belt without having a spring ?
Never seen a tensioner that does not have a spring.

The plain Chariot, Chariot Jr & Chariot LX that use a single belt all use the D 28025 tension spring.

The Chariot Senior that uses the 2 belt deck system has no springs between the deck bracket & the J hook.
This system relies on the deck itself to maintain tension , and it also eats belts because of it.
View attachment chariotsr_belt.pdf

tybilly

Threads
It's got me baffled, I just read that Ariens was the most recent to acquire Great Dane. I'll try moving it there. Thanks for the help and if you can think of anything else I appreciate it

HDGD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Regarding the GDRZ22KHE ....

I have contacted Gravely and they could not help me locate the right part and nobody online has anything posted for the 22... so I am asking for your help.

I need someone to look at the manual for the GDRZ22KHE and tell me what the part number is for the drive belt... AKA the Pump Belt.

Previous belt was shredded by a neighbor a year ago and never replaced.

I am writing this specific under this thread and not starting a new thread as you mention this specific model and nobody else does anywhere so you are my new best friend.

I have what I BELIEVE to be the part number... just looking for confirmation.

Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Regarding the GDRZ22KHE ....

I have contacted Gravely and they could not help me locate the right part and nobody online has anything posted for the 22... so I am asking for your help.

I need someone to look at the manual for the GDRZ22KHE and tell me what the part number is for the drive belt... AKA the Pump Belt.

Previous belt was shredded by a neighbor a year ago and never replaced.

I am writing this specific under this thread and not starting a new thread as you mention this specific model and nobody else does anywhere so you are my new best friend.

I have what I BELIEVE to be the part number... just looking for confirmation.

Thank you

Any reason why you can not go to the Great Dane web site and down load both the repair & parts manual ?
Ariens have redone the web presence and removed the stand alone web sites for the various brands they have acquired moving them onto a single server.
https://www.ariens.com/en-us/manuals
While you are there , grab an operators manual as well.

Next go to the Gates web site
https://www.gates.com/us/en/ymm/search/landing/interchange
And check the belt size for the part numbers you have .