Last mowing session done for this year

broo

Threads
Last weekend was the last mowing session of the year for me.

Temps dropped very fast starting Saturday and since we had rain I had to wait until Sunday and by the time I started it was quite cold (3C or 37F).

It's time the season ends when you start thinking about heated handlebars on a ZT mower. :D

The mowing equipment is now clean and stored, snowblower is getting prepared.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good your machine is serviced & stored., :thumbsup:

I may have possibly 2 more mows down South here. & that should be it for this season.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I may have one more mowing left, depending on weather. No killing freeze here yet, but the bermuda grass has slowed in growth.

I saw a snow blower once, in South Dakota, and thought it was a tiller at first.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll be mowing for another month or so in coastal Connecticut USA, but at a point it becomes more about leaves than grass.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I may have one more mowing left, depending on weather. No killing freeze here yet, but the bermuda grass has slowed in growth.

I saw a snow blower once, in South Dakota, and thought it was a tiller at first.

:laughing: :thumbsup:

broo

Threads

Then you're missing on part of the fun. I find operating these machine fun. But then i'm also known as being a bit strange.

upupandaway

Threads
Then you're missing on part of the fun. I find operating these machine fun. But then i'm also known as being a bit strange.

A few years ago, i saw a newbie down here in Tx moving in and they brought along a big 2 stage snow blower.

I knew to give my 60's Snowbird blowers away before moving here. I miss them...

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
A few years ago, i saw a newbie down here in Tx moving in and they brought along a big 2 stage snow blower.

I knew to give my 60's Snowbird blowers away before moving here. I miss them...

I flew down to Dallas back in the 90s to do an assessment of an after market auto parts manufacturing facility for a client and I was amused at how everyone freaked out over an inch of snow.

upupandaway

Threads
.... I was amused at how everyone freaked out over an inch of snow.

Yeah. being from Chicago, 2?? years ago the roads were iced for a week. Im going down the highway to work doing 60 and a jacked up F250 4WD truck is crawling down the highway. I flew past him probably doing 20 in a corolla.