Troybuilt pony 17.5 hp Model#13wn77k5011

tbonpc

Threads
Tbon I saw your video and that's not a sign of a governor...... That's the sign of a dirty carb or a air leak some where....

I know I am grasping at straws at this point, Just ordered the $60 carb kit from a local dealer (Not Fleabay) but even they could not find the Nikki 795366 carb in their computer system so they have ordered the 796184 kit which they say will have the parts that will work for this nikki. Will post the results once it comes in and I get it rebuilt. Try searching for the nikki 795366 carb, I can find parts i.e a rubuild kit but can't find this carb anywhere. Done many carb replacements and rebuilds on other machines but this is the first Troybuilt with a nikki carb. Why B&S didn't go with Walbor beats me. Never a problem with Walbro's.

Threads
Talk to your mower repair shop and ask them or some of your friends if they have an Ultra Sonic cleaner.... Those things clean really well........

Threads
Open the link on the Nikki carb that Boo Boo sent you..... Look at # 15 and # 17 .........
Make sure your jet is in right..... small end goes in the tube first....

Here's a link to a video on these carbs...... This guy didn't take the welch plug out though.... It didn't need a deep soaking clean like yours....

There was a guy on here about 2 to 3 months ago ...... He. said he cleaned his carb very well 2 times. He started chasing other things on his engine.....I kept telling him about the welch plug area and the tiny holes in there. He must have cleaned his carb 10 times and finally took the welch plug out and cleaned the carb very well.......

Next day say came back and reported a engine that ran like new.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

tbonpc

Threads
Open the link on the Nikki carb that Boo Boo sent you..... Look at # 15 and # 17 .........
Make sure your jet is in right..... small end goes in the tube first....

Here's a link to a video on these carbs...... This guy didn't take the welch plug out though.... It didn't need a deep soaking clean like yours....

There was a guy on here about 2 to 3 months ago ...... He. said he cleaned his carb very well 2 times. He started chasing other things on his engine.....I kept telling him about the welch plug area and the tiny holes in there. He must have cleaned his carb 10 times and finally took the welch plug out and cleaned the carb very well.......

Next day say came back and reported a engine that ran like new.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Got the Kit in, cleaned the carb again, removed the welch plug again ran a small wire through every hole and sprayed through every hole. All ports open. New welch plugh, turned idle fuel/air set screw all the in and backout 1 1/2 turns. New gaskets in intake to block intake to carb. Idles good with just a slight blimp. set intake.exhaust vales again using the "Tyral Video as a guide to .004/.006. Put in forward medium forward speed, engaged the PTO, a little hesitation and let up on the brake. At first it stumbled with a few pops back out of carb the ran. Stopped when to lower the deck and all hell broke lose. Poping through carb then dies. Tried leveling the deck side to side, from front to rear so the blade id 1/4" lower in front than back, same thing when lowering the deck to any other setting than the highest. Can not find a censor on the deck or frame anywhere that the deck could make/break. Idles good when sitting still?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got the Kit in, cleaned the carb again, removed the welch plug again ran a small wire through every hole and sprayed through every hole. All ports open. New welch plugh, turned idle fuel/air set screw all the in and backout 1 1/2 turns. New gaskets in intake to block intake to carb. Idles good with just a slight blimp. set intake.exhaust vales again using the "Tyral Video as a guide to .004/.006. Put in forward medium forward speed, engaged the PTO, a little hesitation and let up on the brake. At first it stumbled with a few pops back out of carb the ran. Stopped when to lower the deck and all hell broke lose. Poping through carb then dies. Tried leveling the deck side to side, from front to rear so the blade id 1/4" lower in front than back, same thing when lowering the deck to any other setting than the highest. Can not find a censor on the deck or frame anywhere that the deck could make/break. Idles good when sitting still?

Carbs have 2 circuits. Idle through full throttle then under load. So your idle circuit is working but your load circuit is still stopped up and not getting enough fuel or getting too much air. No sensor for deck position. What it is, is your belt is still loose enough to not put a full load on engine till you lower the deck then it tightens up to produce full load. I would keep looking for dirt in the carb. One thing I do when cleaning a carb it to run strands of wire through all the little holes making sure to add or subtract wire as needed to fit the hole.

tbonpc

Threads
Carbs have 2 circuits. Idle through full throttle then under load. So your idle circuit is working but your load circuit is still stopped up and not getting enough fuel or getting too much air. No sensor for deck position. What it is, is your belt is still loose enough to not put a full load on engine till you lower the deck then it tightens up to produce full load. I would keep looking for dirt in the carb. One thing I do when cleaning a carb it to run strands of wire through all the little holes making sure to add or subtract wire as needed to fit the hole.

The Carb is clean, ran the wire through every hole and sprayed carb cleaner through each and watched it spray out the other end of the hole. Even through the little hole and slot under the welch plug. Cuts ok when the PTO is engaged and the deck in the top cutting position. But go to lower the deck, that is when it starts cutting out and messing up. Engaing the PTO is when the load is put on, lowering the deck adds no more load but does cause it to start cutting out and after maybe 20 seconds, die.