To wash or not to wash, that is the question.

DK35vince

Threads
Mine looks like this most of the mowing season.
Gets pressure washed and serviced end of season

Attachments

• HPIM1605.JPG
    HPIM1605.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 18

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I believe that I have mowed my yard for the last time this season. Each time after mowing I have blown the mower off with an air hose, but I was wondering about washing it before putting it away for the winter, It's supposed to be sunny today, so I would leave it out to dry well. Any thoughts? 42" Raptor, residential use only.

the best way is to remove the belt covers from on top of the pulley and blow it out. then you can wash it and start the machine and start the deck to dry the belts and engine off before storage.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Darryl, how many times have we told you it's a Lawn-Mower, NOT a MUD-Tractor ..??? you're how old?? N still playin in mud-puddles, .. :laughing:..:laughing:
I promise I wasn't playing in the mud, I was just destroying a customer's lawn. :tongue:

mhavanti

Threads
Darryl,

As long as you were doing something constructive like destroying a customer's yard, I have to give you a pass.

On that Super Z, get some extruded metal, cut some square holes in the cover, weld or bolt in the extruded metal and that deck will pretty much stay clean, or at least a lot cleaner than that.

Have to admit, all the crap makes it appear y'all been runnin' those Hustlers. Guess hence the name, Hustlers.

Max

kraky

Threads
I rarely wash my Mower and prefer to blowing it off most all the season. Seems like every fall we get a lot of rain here in Central Wisconsin and things get pretty muddy. This year I ventured further into a wet spot than I should've and you couldn't even tell what color my deck was except it was brown. Before storage it got a real good bath. Started by rinsing all the big stuff off with a pressure washer kept a quite a ways away from things. Some Wheel and Tire cleaner that applied to the front edge of the deck to soften up the scum. Covers off the deck top. Then the whole mower was soaked down with my foam gun which puts about a quarter inch to 1/2 inch of suds all over everything you couldn't even tell it was yellow under the foam... let that soak in and then worked it in a little bit with a soft brush everywhere... a good gentle rinse off keeping the nozzle aways away from the paint again. I blew all the water off with an air blower... a little Spritz of wax as you dry and rub that in with a towel.
Then ran the mower for about 3 minutes with the covers off the deck to spin everything out of the pulleys. Big smile on my face when I put it away and look like brand new. Same procedure that I had done on my John Deere lawn tractor for 15 years and never had a pulley go out and still had the original belts on it. Btw... when I put something up for sale I put it on the end of my driveway and rarely does anything last more than a day the neighbors see how I take care of things and come running! Just how I've come to believe How expensive stuff should be cared for!

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I use a blower after each mowing. If washing is necessary, I only use rags or brushes and a low pressure hose, avoiding the deck pulleys. I make sure it's dry before putting it away. Avoid those hose fittings that are on the deck on some models.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I promise I wasn't playing in the mud, I was just destroying a customer's lawn. :tongue:

At's uh my boy !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

mhavanti

Threads
DG,

You got Boo's approval. That's worth something bud! lol

I'm still going to detail mine after I do this next video on steering - veering - tracking. While the rear wheels are off, I'll remove the rear fenders and clean the places I can't get to.

This clean up got some soap that dried up in the wash can, just added some cold water and gave it a very light brush with a super soft car wash broom. It isn't quite clean yet as I didn't get up under the fenders and there are a couple of places I usually hit by hand and a windshield bug scratcher. Time for the fenders to come back off for that and while they're off, the newly designed ergonomic dash goes into place.

Here is a video of the clean up. Y'all can find something to say about the lead in I'm pretty sure. Regardless, go by the Clock Contest Video and enter to win a MaxsGarajMahal wall clock.

Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_w-5p0QM38&t=162s

Lawn Addict
Threads
mhavanti- Very Cool. After viewing your vid, I see my next mod, adding some metal to the deck under the chute. Thanks for the vids. :thumbsup:

Mine is up on 4 car wheel dollys, & I'm putting finishing touches on the Donaldson Conversion I performed on my Kawasaki 651V ..

It's already serviced/ cleaned & waxed up for hibernation. Lots of pics at a later date. I promise....

mhavanti

Threads

You're welcome and I'm looking forward to your modifications and upgrades.

Max