To wash or not to wash, that is the question.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I never use water on any of my mowers, just blow them off with leaf blower or air hose & wipe down with a Cal Duster, end of year a good coat of my fav wax.

Which makes next years debris blow off that much easier. And my over 4 year old Z still looks almost new. But that's me.

And I never drain the 100% gas, I just add Seafoam to gas when season is about over. Never an issue.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I never use water on any of my mowers, just blow them off with leaf blower or air hose & wipe down with a Cal Duster, end of year a good coat of my fav wax.

Which makes next years debris blow off that much easier. And my over 4 year old Z still looks almost new. But that's me.

And I never drain the 100% gas, I just add Seafoam to gas when season is about over. Never an issue.

That's cause you fill the collection plate at church on Sunday .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's true Boo. How bout you ?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's true Boo. How bout you ?

Honestly...... we haven't been to church in years now, we used to go every Sunday, lookin for the "right" church, found one finally, but a long distance away, after awhile we decided it wasn't right after all, that was the end of church, my wifey is a devout loving Christian woman, always has been, a TRUE Christian, I can't figure how she put's up with me, I am a Believer, and Baptized, although .... SOMETIMES ... I'm waiting to get hit with a bolt of lightening ... I don't practice Christianity as I should, I'm a very forward outspoken sumbeech, but I believe that some folks have to go forward and make a stand, when others won't and remain silent, with thoughts of what they WISH, .. the way things should be, I piss-off a few people, but they know where I stand, lost a few so called "friends" ( friends.. yeah .. friends my arse !! ) I'm NOT proud of my short-comings in the eyes of the Lord, but we have a relationship, that MOST of the time I'm comfortable with, I thank him for the PERFECT wife he gave me, ( something I still can't figure out ) and I know, .. one day I will be judged ... I only hope for a good outcome, (wish my wifey could act as my lawyer) .. but then she don't lie, moderator would be a better word ! Of course we put money in the plate .. and in this instance ... Silence is Golden !.. :smile:..:smile:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well said.... :thumbsup:

mhavanti

Threads
Darryl,

You sayin' you're weird? That's alright, most of us are.

Wash the things if blowing them off doesn't get it done. Dirt and grass left behind is what causes rust, not the water that is only temporary until it can evaporate.

Seals are for keeping water and dirt out and grease in. Not rocket science, simple, wash the thing.

Keep them clean, run them like you stole them. If you break it, fix it.

Max

DK35vince

Threads
My zero turn and tractor get pressure washed end of season every year.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Times like this are the only time my mower gets the hose.

Attachments

• IMG_20181203_173840067.jpg
    IMG_20181203_173840067.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20181203_173909750.jpg
    IMG_20181203_173909750.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 13

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Times like this are the only time my mower gets the hose.

Darryl, how many times have we told you it's a Lawn-Mower, NOT a MUD-Tractor ..??? you're how old?? N still playin in mud-puddles, .. :laughing:..:laughing:

mhavanti

Threads
Darryl,

Only thing I can possibly give credit to such an egregious mess as that is you must be a damned Yankee! Down here in the south, your oldest son would drag you out behind the barn, tar and feather you. No wait, I mean, dad would drag his oldest son out behind the barn and the outcome would be the same.

Ok, update on the earlier statement about 15 seconds ago. You must be a Damned Yankee and hope you noticed I capitalized the Damned in honor of Boo earlier in this thread. The air is much less humid in the north and the southwest as well, thus the caked on clippings, mud, etc. doesn't kick into gear quite as quickly as us good ole boys down south's mowers.

Keep'em clean or lose'em to humidity and laziness. Water isn't going to hurt any part of your mower unless you have a seal out on a bearing, a grease zerk is broken off, or another reason you have water running directly into the grease areas or into the oil and gasoline. If so, seems you have let the problem happen by lack of maintenance.

Anyhow you damned Yankee, wash that mower! lol.

Ok, all that was meant in a poke in the ribs joke.

Hope you're having a great beginning of the week.

God bless President HW Bush and his family.

Max