Help getting the mower deck reattached on my Hustler Raptor 52"

Hustler27

Threads
  • / Help getting the mower deck reattached on my Hustler Raptor 52"
Have had some frequent issue with my Hustler Raptor deck dropping on the left side as I sit on it. I've had to fix it a few times. I am wondering if anyone has any type of image where I can see if I have managed to put it back together correctly? I'm not really sure I have the parts correct, or all of the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_134003370.jpg
    IMG_20181020_134003370.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20181020_133919394.jpg
    IMG_20181020_133919394.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36

Hustler27

Threads
The nut that attaches on the inside of these parts (hard to get a hand back to to tighten) has fallen off a few times and I'm suddenly dragging the deck.

Padroo

Threads
That upper slotted link looks like it goes over threads, to me that doesn't seem right.

I see the wear on the bottom, I don't have your mower. How old is it, maybe the dealer would look at it?

Hustler27

Threads
I don't have transport for the mower, so that makes it hard. Had a friend with a truck and a trailer help me out when I purchased it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Care to clean the grass off that is hiding the rest of the bracket then repost the photo ?

ukrkoz

Threads
I had this happen also.
Jack the deck and place it onto some wood blocks, to take weight off the links. Replace BOTH of those bolts, on both sides, as the other one will fail too.
Buy yourself two suitable grade 8 bolts, 6 matching nuts, 4 wide washers and locking washers.
Remove that bolt completely.
Place your bolt in half way, so that its end is exposed, and roll a nut onto it. this will be your backup nut.
Roll second nut on, then locking washer, then regular flat washer.
Leave enough bolt exposed to go through the links and come out on the inside, so that you can place wide washer>locking washer> nut onto it.

You will need to play with nuts on the bolt positions to find proper length.
Tighten two inside nuts on the links. Then tighten back up nut on the nut. If you want to, add 2nd back up nut on the inside too. Won't hurt. It looks like crap - HOLDS like a bulldog. If you need link to move, not jammed, slide a washer between links. It'll act as bearing.

ukrkoz

Threads
Made you little layout of what i described.

Attachments

• nuts.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 39

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Made you little layout of what i described.

For this to work, the bolt would need to be threaded almost all the way to the head. In the lengths required, this is not usually available.