Briggs Intek V Twin - replace broken governor rod?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Briggs Intek V Twin - replace broken governor rod?
Yes the newer cams are better quality.... Remember Mr. Vern on here not long ago ???? I shipped him a brand new cam and he noticed it was heavier duty than the old one........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Well that makes me fell a bit better. or a bit stupid for wasting 3 hours washing , although there obviously was some metal missing ( still is ).
And thanks to Illengine & Walt.
Had a really good look & realized what you are talking about.
So the governor gear rotates on an fixed axel which has a top hat cup on top of it to press against the governor shaft.
I was looking at the parts break down & took the hat ( cup ) to have been the axel.
I can be quite slow on the uptake some times

Tinkerer200

Threads
Walt he said in my quote "That a different shaft broke WHOSE BASE is imbedded in the block, but does not pass thru"....

That would mean where the the end of the cam shaft goes into the block......

He also said that the governor shaft is not broke .......

Pictures or a response from him will tell the story.....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Doesn't look like we are going to hear any more from OP. Actually there are 2 shafts involved with the governor. One is the bell crank shaft ***'y some were trying to replace, re-bush etc. in the beginning. The second is what I call the "axle shaft" which is what the governor ***'y runs on. The shaft the OP says is not broken is the first. The one broken is the second which is not repairable, the one he can not get the broken part out of the casting, took to a shop where they tried to heat the block casting to unsuccessfully try to remove the broken part which does not extend thru the block. Still see nothing about a camshaft and a broken camshaft is not generally involved in this, separating governor ***'y is. Broken camshafts are not common with this engine. (Worn cam lobes are) What is there about a broken camshaft that one would get a shop to heat and try to remove from the block?

Walt Conner

Threads
Yes Walt you corrected me on that ...........

Dang it I did again. For some reason I was stuck on a 31 to a 33 model........ I was scanning/reading the post to fast again....

I do admit when I do that....... I assumed that the base he was refering to was where the cam fits into the block........

Yes I realize know that's it's the governor ..... Like I said earlier a few pics would be nice ......

Plus Tard All........