Scag SWZU belt question

MowLife

Threads
A3310B24-E91F-4BAA-9644-CA3D9E6AA8EA.jpg

This is my 48” Scag SWZU deck. I bought this used and was looking for the deck belt. All the parts diagrams I can find show the center spindle having a double pulley with 2 belts. Is there a setup like mine with the single pulley and 1 belt or is possible that the previous owner converted this?

MowLife

Threads
I figured it out. Found the correct schematic. I like the double pulley set up compared to mine being the single. There is not much belt contact on the center pulley.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The deck in your pic never was setup as a two V belt unit, there is no evidence of having had the 2nd V belt tensioner.
Some early Scag zero turn machines had a single deck drive V belt but Scag went with the two V belt deck system.
Are there any model or serial numbers on the machine or mower deck?

MowLife

Threads
I can’t find a tag or number on the deck. The mower model is SWZU48V - 17KAI

Padroo

Threads
The tension spring looks like maybe it needs replace and once you find what mower deck you have there might be a measurement for the spring length which is critical for proper operation.

MowLife

Threads
The tension spring looks like maybe it needs replace and once you find what mower deck you have there might be a measurement for the spring length which is critical for proper operation.

I noticed that also...I actually flipped it because it wore a flat spot from rubbing on deck. I looked up a replacement...man they are proud of them price wise. Was considering a standard spring from a hardware store but now that you mention the tension I guess I’ll have to get the right one. Thanks for pointing it out.