Bobcat CRZ vs Raptor SD vs Ariens Ikon

Str8up50

Threads
So I'm looking for my first ZRT. Full acre, some rough spots here and there. Been YouTube'n for a month. Research Research Research. I was set on a Raptor SD 48 w/ Kaw engine. Then I got intrigued by the Bobcat CRZ, then the Ariens Ikon.
Looked at the SD liked it, Bobcat as well (real nice openings/layout for maintenance). Going tomorrow to look at Ariens. But the SD keeps callin me, but I'm concerned. Too many reviews about bolts breaking. Has Hustler addressed this issue. Is this normal for any ZRT residential?
I guess I need some direction and thoughts. For those that have the SD, if you could go back in time would you drop $$$ and buy it again.
Thanks all

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bob-Cat is a good company and has an excellent warranty duration of 5 years/500 hours on the CRZ (Hustler claims to be best in class with a 3 year/300 hour warranty on the SD :laughing:) and will sometimes warranty items that are technically exempted from the warranty. A friend of mine had a flat-free front tire fail on his 4 year old Predator Pro and they replaced both of his front tires free of charge.

The CRZ is a solid mower...I've checked them out at my dealer showroom. My Fast-Cat Pro has been trouble free for 2 seasons and 280 hours other than dropping the deck belt several times until I realized I needed to engage it with more throttle.

Selluwud

Threads
So I'm looking for my first ZRT. Full acre, some rough spots here and there. Been YouTube'n for a month. Research Research Research. I was set on a Raptor SD 48 w/ Kaw engine. Then I got intrigued by the Bobcat CRZ, then the Ariens Ikon.
Looked at the SD liked it, Bobcat as well (real nice openings/layout for maintenance). Going tomorrow to look at Ariens. But the SD keeps callin me, but I'm concerned. Too many reviews about bolts breaking. Has Hustler addressed this issue. Is this normal for any ZRT residential?
I guess I need some direction and thoughts. For those that have the SD, if you could go back in time would you drop $$$ and buy it again.
Thanks all

I asked for help on this forum while researching my first ZRT and like you had the Hustler Raptor SD on my short list. A regular poster here advised me against buying that one because of the frame structure, which he said was made with c-channel steel (versus tubular steel), which in turn was the cause of dropped and broken bolts. I found a used older model Toro with all the goodies that everyone here said I should look for. The newer Toro models use their own signature model engines that I don't have any knowledge about. Make sure you get serviceable hydro trannys, I like Kawa power, heavy fabricated deck, and a tubular frame. The Bobcat model has all the features I was looking for and at a comparable price to other not as good manufactures. Good luck.

Str8up50

Threads
Thanks. I've narrowed it down I believe to a Bobcat CRZ or Snapper 460Z. Snapper is def catching my eye but not a whole lot out there on it. Looks like a friggin TANK
Big Dog looks promising as well Alpha MP. Dealer said the issues with bolts have been somewhat addresses. But for the extra money I'd be willing to get CRZ or 460Z
I really wanted to check out a Ariens but all the Ariens dealers around here only sell Gracely

Last edited:

577jersey

Threads
470 hours on my Raptor SD and going strong :)

JennStrong

Forum Newbie
Threads
Personally I don't like Raptor SD. It feels a little rough and I've had some unpleasant experience with it. https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/categories/automotive-components recommended Bobcat CRZ and helped me with the order. It is so easy to use and it cuts just the right amount of grass. Moreover, I like the color of it. This green always reminds me of a peaceful meadow and I dream while cutting the grass lol. You should totally check these guys out, they're amazing. They even helped me find car pieces that I couldn't find anywhere, at least not for an affordable price. Good luck with your choice!

Last edited:

Breaux dwayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had a Hustler, no comparison to BobCat. Both drive motors started leaking badly at 750 hours after proper maintenance since purchase. They were not covered by warranty because of age.

RayMcD

Threads
JMHO, I would look at something otherthan a B&S engine... r

RayMcD

Threads
Thanks all
Sir, what did you decided on? Cheers, Ray

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reported as SPAM.