hour meter failed on sfz52

tom_t

Threads
At about 130 hours, hourmeter went back to zero. Then started accumulating hours up to about 21. Then back to zero. Now about 10. The last time it went back to zero, I had switched the ignition switch off - then back on quickly. It also now periodically says "chg hyd oil" and "chg oil". Anyone else had this problem? Should I just replace the meter? Can I simply just connect a "new" meter to a 12V source and let it accumulate hours up the correct reading? I have been manually keeping the hours since the first meter failure.

tigercat

Threads
These meters have built in batteries. I changed the meter on my tigercat when it was 6 months old.
The meter l put in is the old analog type with no internal batteries ever to fail. If your ok with cutting out the old meter and splicing a new one in, this would be my advice. Yes get a power source and let the new meter run for 4-5 days until your hours are the same. Just search for an old post here on perhaps my name with hour meter and you will find a few topics 3-4 years ago. I would do this but I'm limited typing on a cell phone at work . Best of luck.

edit to add the meter I bought from Amazon. Perhaps if you shop around and note the size of the opening you may find a cheaper unit
https://www.amazon.com/Quartz-Hour-...=1-3&keywords=Honeywell+Hour+Meter,+DC+Quartz

Last edited:

tom_t

Threads
I will follow up. Thanks for reply.