winterizing

SidecarFlip

Threads
Interesting thread. I've always used Marine Stabil in my gas (winter and summer) and for storage in the winter and never had any issue with spring starting. Far as diesel goes I use the Powerservce diesel additive in my 1500 gallon bulk tank which gets filled once a year on the average and I've never had any issue with diesel fuel at all either.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is all a bit of a lottery.
my workshop is 450 yards from the landlords machinery shed and about 50 foot lower.
I can get away with leaving the diesel engines sitting for a year but he has to run all of his every month or so or the diesel goes off.
I can leave petrol engines sitting for ages & they will fire right up, again his will play up on petrol that is a couple of months old.
Same fuel stored in the same containers & bought from the same servo.

Johnbt

Threads
"There are 400 places in Virginia that sell ethanol-free gas."

Sure, but if you scroll down to the R's you will see there are none listed for Richmond. They don't allow real gas in the urban areas.

The station in Providence Forge is 29.5 miles from me.
The one in Mechanicsville is 29.1 miles.
Those appear to be the closest to the house. Next would be Lanexa and Ed Allen's boat dock, etc. on the Chickahominy.

Heck, only 44 of the 400 in the state are even in the 804 area code.
Area_code_804.png

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rivets- Thanks for the detailed reply.

I'll stick to using Seafoam in my 100% used in my gas mowers, no issues to date.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
"There are 400 places in Virginia that sell ethanol-free gas."

Sure, but if you scroll down to the R's you will see there are none listed for Richmond. They don't allow real gas in the urban areas.

The station in Providence Forge is 29.5 miles from me.
The one in Mechanicsville is 29.1 miles.
Those appear to be the closest to the house. Next would be Lanexa and Ed Allen's boat dock, etc. on the Chickahominy.

Heck, only 44 of the 400 in the state are even in the 804 area code.
View attachment 41117

Sorry but your address lists only "Virginia." I had no way of knowing where in Virginia you live.

Johnbt

Threads
That's fine. I agree that Richmond City should have some non-ethanol gas available, but we're one of the areas required to use RFG - reformulated gas - to reduce pollution.

www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs/Air/AirQualityPlans/ReformulatedGasolineinVirginia.aspx

"The first phase of the RFG program began in 1995 and the second and current phase began in 2000. According to EPA, 17 states and the District of Columbia are in the RFG program, and about 30% of gasoline sold in the United States is RFG."

"However, at this time, an ethanol-free product meeting RFG specifications is not available."