Zero turn recomendation

Ryan in Louisville

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am Ryan and I live in Louisville KY. This fall I started doing some dethatching and aeration in our neighborhood and it took off. I have been dethatching, bagging, and aerating like crazy since Labor Day. I am currently using a JD D110 to dethatch and bag and I'd like to upgrade it.

My caveat is that some of the yards I've done have smaller gate openings. I'd love to get a 54" or so commercial ZT but I can't fit it thru the gate then, so, hence my dilemma.

My ideal mower would be a commercial zero turn with a 42" deck, bagger (with mesh bags, not the bulk systems as I put the thatch in paper yard bags), and a front mount dethatcher. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to find what I want. If I find a commercial 36" or 42" ZT then I can't find a bagger or a dethatcher that will fit it.

Can anyone shed some light as to some options for me?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have different hammers in your too box to do different jobs.
Same thing applies to mowers.
You will need a couple.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you're going to start a business centered around just aeration and dethatching and take it outside of just your own neighborhood? So then you need a business license, business liability insurance, a truck with business insurance, a trailer, space to store it all, an accounting system to track your invoices and expenses etc. etc. All for a business that only operates for a couple of months per year? It's one thing to do work for neighbors and earn some pocket cash and entirely another to venture outside of that. Typically those who provide such services are full service landscaping operations and/or fertilizer application companies.

I know this doesn't answer your question at all, but just trying to shed some light on reality.