2016 Cub Cadet Z Force L zero turn

SidecarFlip

Threads
It will come with replacement filters, replacement oil and a hose and fitting to go in thr top of the transmission case to fill it with oil. You fill it, remove the fitting and then replace the p[lug you removed. Save the hose and fitting and the quart bottles of oil for next time. It's a nice kit.

dirtfan1

Threads
Ok thanks I ordered it...just waiting on it to come in. I really appreciate all your help

dirtfan1

Threads
Sidecar I meant to ask is this a difficult task to do? This is my first time changing the hydro oil on my mower. The dealer told me it didn’t need changed until 500 hrs

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's not difficult but you will need to jack up the back of the mower and put it on axle stands for the air purging procedure. The main thing is that you have to be extremely careful not to introduce any dust, dirt or other contaminants into the system. HydroGear lists the oil and filter change interval for the ZT 2800, 3100 and 3400 as an initial one at 75 to 100 hours then every 400 hours thereafter. I believe you have the ZT 2800 on your machine.

Here. Fluid change procedure on page 11 and purging on page 12. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1334571/Hydro-Gear-Zt-2800.html

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
hydros are made in a dust free sterile factory .
So it is blow out all of the clippings & dust, wash, degrease wash again before you put a wrench on anything.

SidecarFlip

Threads
No, it's easy to change the oil but follow Darryl's advice and set the rear up off the ground and cycle the levers to get the air out., Changing the oil is easy. HG dhips their kit with a fitting that goes in the top of the pump (instructions tell you where it goes) and you fit on a hose that connects to the oil bottles and you just squeeze it in. I think your pumps take 2 quarts each with the new filters installed. When done you remove the fitting, replace the plug and you are good to go. Just keep the fitting, hose and empty bottles (to fill back up with oil) for the next time. Filters without the complete kit are available on Amazon or at your lawnmower shop.

dirtfan1

Threads
Awesome....great info....thanks again for all the help

dirtfan1

Threads
Sidecar the oil change was a success. i followed all the steps you sent but now when i go out to get on the mower the reservoir is empty. They sent a 5th quart of hydro oil with the kit and i'm sure it's to add oil after the change, but today will be the 4th time i've been on it since the change and have had to add oil to the reservoir. the mower stays on my trailer so there is no oil on the deck of my trailer and i can't find a leak on the mower anywhere. Is this normal?

SidecarFlip

Threads
Sidecar the oil change was a success. i followed all the steps you sent but now when i go out to get on the mower the reservoir is empty. They sent a 5th quart of hydro oil with the kit and i'm sure it's to add oil after the change, but today will be the 4th time i've been on it since the change and have had to add oil to the reservoir. the mower stays on my trailer so there is no oil on the deck of my trailer and i can't find a leak on the mower anywhere. Is this normal?

I have tht issue with mine as well. You have some trapped air in the top of the transmissions and between the warm and cool cycles, the oil seeks it's own level and pushes the air out, causing the fluid level to drop in the holding bottle.

What I did with mine was I filled the holding bottle 3/4 full of oil, ran it (cycled it through some mowing cycles until the oil in the bottle stabilized and then I took a syringe and sucked the oil down to the fill line. When it cold out (like in the winter) my level drops completely out of the bottle but when it warms up again, the level comes back up, just like a thermometer.

Hope that explains it. you can top off with any motor oil so long as the oil weight is correct.