GXV120 pull start repair necessary

slow_runner

Threads
The tab that retains the cord wheel in my pull start is about to give up the ghost. At the 90 degree juncture, one side of the tab has come adrift completely and the other side is fractured and will not last much longer.
I had a quote of $50 to micro weld which is a bit over the top for this job and my pocket.
New pattern units are able to be got for the same dollars but I like the thought of keeping it original and I believe the pattern part is not of the same build quality. This tab would appear to be the weak link..

Has anyone remedied this situation and can offer suggestions for a lasting repair?
I had thought of bending a 90 degree replacement tab and pop riveting?
What say those experienced with such?

Thanks for any help.

jsalis57

Threads
The tab that retains the cord wheel in my pull start is about to give up the ghost. At the 90 degree juncture, one side of the tab has come adrift completely and the other side is fractured and will not last much longer.
I had a quote of $50 to micro weld which is a bit over the top for this job and my pocket.
New pattern units are able to be got for the same dollars but I like the thought of keeping it original and I believe the pattern part is not of the same build quality. This tab would appear to be the weak link..

Has anyone remedied this situation and can offer suggestions for a lasting repair?
I had thought of bending a 90 degree replacement tab and pop riveting?
What say those experienced with such?

Thanks for any help.

Have a picture? I have a complete pull cord assembly from a dissembled HR 214 SX.

Jeff

tranchinh

Threads
Have a picture? I have a complete pull cord assembly from a dissembled HR 214 SX.

Jeff

Jeff,I need 2 rear wheels from that model if you don;t charge me too much

jsalis57

Threads

Let me take a look to see what I have, I am not trying to make a living on selling parts, just clearing out stuff I obtained for these mowers this summer.

Are you rebuilding a Honda?

Thanks!

slow_runner

Threads
Jeff

Thanks very much Jeff. Unfortunately(?) I am in Auckland, New Zealand and the freight might make the whole business uneconomic. :biggrin: Unless you packed it in your luggage on your way south for a holiday ?

The unit is the same as this one on this You Tube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJed0YZxhpU

tranchinh

Threads
Yes, a HR215 with electric start,everything is ready but the 2 rear wheel are so bad

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 12

jsalis57

Threads
Thanks very much Jeff. Unfortunately(?) I am in Auckland, New Zealand and the freight might make the whole business uneconomic. :biggrin: Unless you packed it in your luggage on your way south for a holiday ?

The unit is the same as this one on this You Tube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJed0YZxhpU

Oh, that could be pricey. Well I only have one and can’t say I am traveling to New Zealand anytime soon.

Jeff.

jsalis57

Threads

I have two front wheels that fit a 214SX if you are interested. They look the same as in your picture but if you have rear wheel drive the wheels are different.

tranchinh

Threads
I have two front wheels that fit a 214SX if you are interested. They look the same as in your picture but if you have rear wheel drive the wheels are different.

Mine is rear wheel drive ,look same on outside but inside have big hole for drive gear ,Thank anyway

tranchinh

Threads
Found the rear wheels at scap metal today .Thereare 2 hr215 that someone sell for scrap ,I took 6 wheel that still good and a hydro static trans .Still have lot of parts but I have no room for them now

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg