Repairs Problems With 80's Lawn Boy Model: S19ZPN

lawnlover

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Lawn World

A few months ago my 80's era (unsure of the precise year) lawn Boy model S19ZPN cut out on me mid-mow. Today I finally got around to diagnosing and eventually starting the mower after concluding that I hadn't added 2 cycle oil to my fuel. Luckily for me, that didn't destroy my engine and it started right up. In addition to the repair, I added epoxy clay to the wire the controls the choke valve in the carburetor (excuse my uncertain language). It ran and I let it warm up and then I left it for 15 minutes while I ran to the store to grab carburetor cleaner to mix with the gas since the mower had sat for a while. However, when I got back and added the mixture it would not start. I double checked everything including my epoxy job and it will not start back up.

Now I am asking for the help of the internet. I can conclude (correct me if I'm wrong) that there is spark otherwise it wouldn't have started in the first place and the engine is (or did) get gas. What am I missing? If I were to guess, something is wrong with the safety toggle. Thanks in advance!

Willam

bogdaN

Threads
I would start by checking compression.Dan

Russ2251

Threads
I can conclude (correct me if I'm wrong) that there is spark otherwise it wouldn't have started in the first place...
Perhaps the coil has failed. Check for spark.

bogdaN

Threads
Reading what have happened,I see two problems:

1 run mower with out 2-cycle oi

2 adding carb cleaner to gas ???

Now if do not have good comp,tester,-do the fallowing: remove blade & blade adapter next remove muffler.You should be able to see piston & rings,if they score --rebuilt the engine.Dan

lawnlover

Forum Newbie
Threads
Reading what have happened,I see two problems:

1 run mower with out 2-cycle oi

2 adding carb cleaner to gas ???

Now if do not have good comp,tester,-do the fallowing: remove blade & blade adapter next remove muffler.You should be able to see piston & rings,if they score --rebuilt the engine.Dan

The carb cleaner was a fuel additive. Fuel injector and carberator cleaner. Also the engine ran once for a good amount of time before crapping out again which proves the engine didn’t seize right?

Russ2251

Threads
An engine that rotates is NOT SEIZED!!!
Check for spark.
Model F coils are prone to failure.