Spindle interchange?

wolfen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok guys I found this site while I was looking for parts interchange ( hopefully)
I have 2 lawn tractors, one is a model number 145007x92 the other is a 42813x92A or a 42813A if you look at the tag on the back of the mower, the 428 has a messed up spindle the 425 has two brand new ones and a bent deck, my question is will the spindles off the 425 fir the 428? if they wont will the bearings at least interchange?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok guys I found this site while I was looking for parts interchange ( hopefully)
I have 2 lawn tractors, one is a model number 145007x92 the other is a 42813x92A or a 42813A if you look at the tag on the back of the mower, the 428 has a messed up spindle the 425 has two brand new ones and a bent deck, my question is will the spindles off the 425 fir the 428? if they wont will the bearings at least interchange?

REcheck your model numbers, 42813x92A is good, other one = ??? Most Murray series, close in year of Mfg. will interchange, I have changed mine around many times ... Notice these 2 spindles are different.. BUT are interchangeable, There is a 3rd shaft (rare) much thicker, used on some Murrays, NOT 2 worry .. it's cheaper (time-wise) to replace the entire spindle .. hardest part is removing the old spindles, (bolts usually snap, but you can replace with 3/8" hardware.

DSCN1999.jpg..DSCN2002.jpg..DSCN2388.jpg..DSCN2389.jpg

42 INCH MOWER SPINDLE A.JPG..SPINN.JPG..COMPLETE # 2.jpg..COMPLETE 4.jpg

click to enlarge

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please double check the first model number, something is not right, too many digits.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are 2 different housings found on Murry's so if the bad one looks the same as the good ones then measure the height , deck to spindle end both above & below the deck
If they are the same the entire units will interchange.
As Boo has already mentioned, bolts generally snap off when being removed.
AFAIK there is only 5 different spindles , 4 will interchange but the spindle lengths are different.
The same berings are used through out the entire range.

Now spoiler alert.
A lot of aftermarket spindles & housings are made by Kotti In Korea and these are Metric.
Apart from the threads they are exact replacements but of course the nuts will not interchange.