Toro Timecutter Blade Removal

Rickochet

Threads
I have a Toro Timecutter SW3200 ZT single blade mower I am trying to change for the first time. I am having trouble getting the bolt loose. I do not have an impact wrench. So, far I have just tried using a wrench and no luck. Before I go to more extremes I want to make sure I am pulling the right direction. Is lefty loosey counter clockwise the proper loosening direction? Years ago I fought with lug nuts on an old Chrysler until I noticed the "L" stamped on the stud. :ashamed: I don't want to snap off the bolt in the mower. I will spray it good with some lube and use the old block of wood.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The mounting fasteners are all std right hand threads except for the rear discharge twin blade decks with counter rotating blades.

As such they self tighten in use .
I regularly have to cut off the heads on bolts & use the nut splitter on nuts.
After the head is off the bolts usually are just finger tight.
The threads do not rust solid, they just overtighten.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can try sliding a piece of pipe over your wrench handle for more leverage.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Grab a big rag or towel & hold the blade end, so you don't cut your hand, & put a long bar on the bolt to break it loose.

You wanna turn CCW to loosen from underneath.

Before you re-install the blade, you can wipe the threads with a bit of anti-seize or at least some grease or even oil..

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the blade is that tight I doubt holding it by hand is going to work. Before I bought impact wrenches I used a block of wood between the blade and deck baffles along with a breaker bar.

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the blade is that tight I doubt holding it by hand is going to work. Before I bought impact wrenches I used a block of wood between the blade and deck baffles along with a breaker bar.

Block of wood is good too. If you eat your spinach tho, you shouldn't need one. LOL