Advice on a New Broken Echo 2620T Trimmer

Supalazy

Threads
Ok I will keep this short as possible. I bought a Husky 525lst yesterday and the clutch was very loud, sounded like a loose screw in a tin can. So I took it back to the dealer New and they said it was normal but I wasn't happy so I traded for the Echo 2620T. They weren't happy but did it, brought home used for 10 mins worked great until it started to sound like gears are grinding in the head area. My question is this.....I would think that they would go ahead and replace it for me BUT if they try to take me down the warranty route...I'm going to be very angry if they pull the warranty route. Am I expecting to much?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok I will keep this short as possible. I bought a Husky 525lst yesterday and the clutch was very loud, sounded like a loose screw in a tin can. So I took it back to the dealer New and they said it was normal but I wasn't happy so I traded for the Echo 2620T. They weren't happy but did it, brought home used for 10 mins worked great until it started to sound like gears are grinding in the head area. My question is this.....I would think that they would go ahead and replace it for me BUT if they try to take me down the warranty route...I'm going to be very angry if they pull the warranty route. Am I expecting to much?

Not your fault that happened, I once bought a NEW water-heater at Home-Depot, got it home, opened the box and found a big dent in the cover above the elect. conn. point, took it back, they gave me another, got home and,.. no-schitt, when I opened the box, I found a OLD beat-up heater, I about schitt in my shorts ! I figured they would think I was tryin to pull a "fast-one" on them, lucky I had my old water heater, I took both of them back and told my story... the sales-guy said it does happen, A-holes put the old water-heater in the box that was carefully resealed (on the bottom) then take it back N get a refund saying they changed their mind or whatever, in essence getting a free water-heater, Sooo
they dragged out another 1 for me, but this time we opened the box in the store to make sure it was OK .. I hope YOUR dealer is as understanding as mine was ..... I would take it back, explain the issue ( NICELY) and IF they give you a new unit, start it at the store hopefully you won't have to go through a bunch of B/S !!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take it back.
IF they give you the run around then go directly to Echo.
Take a photo of the serial number & your sales receipt.
Good idea if you can also take a short video.
Cut the string off at the eyelet so you can hear the sound of the grumbly bevel gear and not just the string swishing around.
If the shop tells you the sounds are normal send Echo a copy of the video and ask them for a second opinion.

No quality brand wants their dealers degrading their name.
But don't expect the shop to lay out the best silverwear & invite you to tea after you go over their heads.

Supalazy

Threads
Thx for the advice! If they don't replace it then I will go to Echo if I can't get my money back. The dealer shouldn't care right? They take back the defective unit send it to Echo and Echo will reimburse the dealer, right.?. The recept well it was thrown away as it looked just like a fast food recept so I hope that's not a big deal, the dealer has it on his computer. You know a big box store would take it back and may save you money on certain tools. So far I have spent about $3500 in the past few months and was considering much more but guys he has charged me retail on everything I have bought, so yeah I expect better service from a dealer. We have no shortage of Echo and Stihl dealers around so I can always go back to Stihl if needed.

Supalazy

Threads
Take it back.
IF they give you the run around then go directly to Echo.
Take a photo of the serial number & your sales receipt.
Good idea if you can also take a short video.
Cut the string off at the eyelet so you can hear the sound of the grumbly bevel gear and not just the string swishing around.
If the shop tells you the sounds are normal send Echo a copy of the video and ask them for a second opinion.

No quality brand wants their dealers degrading their name.
But don't expect the shop to lay out the best silverwear & invite you to tea after you go over their heads.

There is no way this sound is normal it truly is broke. The Husky 525lst just had a very loud clutch engagement, they said it was normal but you could feel the clutch engagement through the handle, so that is why I took it back.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has anyone put a dab of # 2 grease in the Echo head, thru the access bolt, once it is removed ?

And if you had kept the receipt, Echo is 5 year warranty.

Supalazy

Threads
Has anyone put a dab of # 2 grease in the Echo head, thru the access bolt, once it is removed ?

And if you had kept the receipt, Echo is 5 year warranty.

Well the dealer has a copy of the receipt, there is no way that little piece of paper will mess with the warranty. Right??

Lawn Addict
Threads
Depends on the dealer. It shouldn't. But I make a folder to keep these important things.