Snowblower Chute Modification

DinosaurMike

Threads
I bought a Husqvarna YT42LS with a 42" snowthrower (45-05082-669) last year. Once I had enough weight (two sets of Husqvarna weights) on the back it did quite well. I have an issue when approaching the road. The blower chute adjusts just 90 degrees to each side and blows snow slightly forward - therefore blowing it into the road at that point. Has anyone modified the chute to allow more rotation? Husqvarna customer service had no help. My solution last winter was to go into the road, turn around, and blow snow into the yard for about ten feet of travel, back up into the road, blow the adjacent snow, and continue until the end of the driveway is clear. There is a hill on the road and drivers approaching from that direction and I cannot see each other until they are about 250 feet from my driveway. I really would prefer to not have to use my procedure this winter. It seems like I could cut an additional notch on the lower chute base plate in both directions, rework/remove the anti-rotation bracket to allow more clockwise rotation, and remove the anti-rotation tab from the chute base plate for more CCW rotation. I do not want to do this and find out I screwed it up. Any help would be appreciated.