GCV160 carb

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Model # HRX217 TDA

I got the carb put back on (New gaskets) after cleaning, but im not sure i have the throttle linkage on correctly, whenever i move the the throttle lever on the handle sometimes the (whatever the rod and spring hooks to on the carb is called) moves and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe these picture will clarify. I think the return spring may be sprung.. not sure:confused2::confused2: i can't run it because im waiting on gasket maker for the rocker cover (store didn't have any high heat stuff)
DSC_8741.jpg

tmf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your picture looks correct. The rod goes through the larger hole and the spring through the smaller. Same goes for the other end.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Model # HRX217 TDA

I got the carb put back on (New gaskets) after cleaning, but im not sure i have the throttle linkage on correctly, whenever i move the the throttle lever on the handle sometimes the (whatever the rod and spring hooks to on the carb is called) moves and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe these picture will clarify. I think the return spring may be sprung.. not sure:confused2::confused2: i can't run it because im waiting on gasket maker for the rocker cover (store didn't have any high heat stuff)
View attachment 41033

without the engine running the governor will have the throttle wide open as it is shown in your photo.
Silicon on the rocker box is a dead stupid idea and costs 10 times what a sheet of cork would have cost & the cork will not go hard in the tube after a year.
Generally the glued on rocker covers distort so much during removal they are not reuseable.
Dealers just replace the whole thing, but use a gasket not glue.

tmf

Forum Newbie
Threads
There's an odd kink towards the end of your spring. I have two GCV160 erngines and both springs are completely straight except for a hook shape at the end where the spring attaches at the carb. The spring seems designed to dampen excess movement and should exert very little pressure on it's own.