HR214 ... HOW TO REPLACE DRIVE GEAR and BELT

pete19

Forum Newbie
Threads
HOW TO REPLACE DRIVE GEAR and BELT for my HR214 ???

tranchinh

Threads
Honda HR214 have no belt ,do you want to replace transmission ? or repair the gear inside transmission ?

pete19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Honda HR214 have no belt ,do you want to replace transmission ? or repair the gear inside transmission ?

Shows you how much I know … My initial response is replace the gear … How to I do that? Mower just stopped moving forward. Engine runs great. Thanks in advance.

tranchinh

Threads
Look for cable first,there are 2,one to shift gear,another to engage the transmission
s-l1600 (2).jpg

tranchinh

Threads
adjust the cable,the one with spring how when you engage the arm move all the way

pete19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Adjust the nuts …. lifted up mower and wheels turn …. however when I put back down its not strong enough to move mower … makes a ratcheting like sound

tranchinh

Threads
So problem is the ratchet ,use 14mm wrench to remove the wheel,do it one at time so you don't mix left wheel and right wheel .There is a spocket like in picture .Bent the wire to make the 2 teeth bending out,fill them with greese then put them back .the wheel should turn free when you turn forward and engage with shaft when turn back ward

Attachments

• s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 8