B&D cordless blower to clean mower....

War Eagle

Threads
Not sure where to post this, but this little cordless Black & Decker 40V leaf blower is really, really handy for blowing grass clippings and dust off our Scag Liberty Z after each mowing before stowing in the barn.
DSC00146.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always blow my mowers off after each use. Much better than using water!

War Eagle

Threads
I always blow my mowers off after each use. Much better than using water!
I'm not sure where you live, Darryl, but here in the deep, humid South, water is no friend of ferrous metal equipment and electrical components. It doesn't evaporate quickly and just promotes premature rust and corrosion. So I'm with you 100% on air vs water.

itsgalf

Threads
Since I don't have a workshop I just work on some lawnmowers in my backyard. A lot of the mowers I pick up the previous owners neglect and never clean them. My B&D Leaf Blower is pretty great for blowing off all of the clippings and crud. Although I'm cheap so I have the cheaper 20V version :)

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure where to post this, but this little cordless Black & Decker 40V leaf blower is really, really handy for blowing grass clippings and dust off our Scag Liberty Z after each mowing before stowing in the barn.
View attachment 40991

Snapper.jpgSnapper2.jpg

I was at Walmart and they had some 60V equip. on clearance.

I bought the blower $74, String trimmer $99, hedge trimmer $109...each with charger and battery
I then ordered a chain saw from Walmart online for $149

So, I have 4 batteries and chargers to run them all.

I had a Lynxx blower 40V and it was good...I gave to my son. A little quieter and about as strong

Oh, I put a 4AH Ryobi 20V battery on top of the 60V for comparison.
Seems the Snapper 60V is made by Greenworks (60V)and parts MAY be the same. (Greenworks available at Lowes.)

MowerMike

Threads
View attachment 41005View attachment 41006

I was at Walmart and they had some 60V equip. on clearance.

I bought the blower $74, String trimmer $99, hedge trimmer $109...each with charger and battery
I then ordered a chain saw from Walmart online for $149

So, I have 4 batteries and chargers to run them all.

I had a Lynxx blower 40V and it was good...I gave to my son. A little quieter and about as strong

Oh, I put a 4AH Ryobi 20V battery on top of the 60V for comparison.
Seems the Snapper 60V is made by Greenworks (60V)and parts MAY be the same. (Greenworks available at Lowes.)

That’s a very good deal. However, I know for a fact that the 60V Snapper and Greenworks batteries are NOT interchangeable.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's good to know.
I thought about taking my Snapper battery into Lowes and trying it in a Greenworks…
but, I do have 4 batteries, so I am good.