Mower deck Gravely HD bagger - Is it worth the money

SJMaye

Threads
I just bought a used 60" Max Zoom 991056. All my previous mowers had a bagger system. I went to find one for this mower. I was blown away at the price of nearly $1000. Can anyone comment on this unit? Does it work well?

I want this mainly for leaf collection. Would I be better off with one of those mower vac attachments?

handtools

Threads
I have the powered bagger for my 60" Apex and it works good for leaves, which is all I use it for. I agree that it was a bit pricey.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a used 60" Max Zoom 991056. All my previous mowers had a bagger system. I went to find one for this mower. I was blown away at the price of nearly $1000. Can anyone comment on this unit? Does it work well?

I want this mainly for leaf collection. Would I be better off with one of those mower vac attachments?

$1,000 for a powered bagger? Or is that non-powered? $1,000 for a powered bagger is cheap IMO. I paid $2,700 for mine for my Bob-Cat. :eek:

By mower vac attachments do you mean a trailering one like a Cyclone Rake? They can be pretty cumbersome in tight areas due to the rigid hitch and extreme tail swing.