Walk behind Pr6y22CHA Mower governor assembly problems

marlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
Im looking to see if anyone can help me with a small issue that I am having with my Poulan Pro walk behind mower. I replaced the carburetor after having some starting issue and am having a problem figuring out how to properly reinstall the springs for the carb lever and governor arm. I haven't been able to find any help online. I believe that it only has one spring but it would appear that the governor arm doesn't have any counter pull on the adjustment arm so when I move the lever to choke the engine it only moves the adjustment arm but the spring simply slightly extends but doesn't actually move anything. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciate.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would provide us with the engine brand and all numbers, we would be glad to provide you with some help. Without them we would only be guessing how to help you, as we have no ESP and since Trump took office, his executive orders have banned us from replying to anything but tweets.

marlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you would provide us with the engine brand and all numbers, we would be glad to provide you with some help. Without them we would only be guessing how to help you, as we have no ESP and since Trump took office, his executive orders have banned us from replying to anything but tweets.

Its a 6 HP motor of a Briggs and Stratton Poulan Pro walk behind mower model number is included in the title of the listing (PR6Y22CHA). Hopefully that is what information you are asking for. sorry I thought I included it.
mower 2.jpgmower.jpgmower3.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That number is the model number of your mower, not the Briggs engine. From the pictures I’m guessing you have a series 120000 engine. This manual should help you understand the carb-governor linkage. Look at sections 3-5 and you will find pictures which match your model. The Briggs number should be stamped into the blower shroud or on the sheet metal over the muffler.
https://doc-04-5o-docs.googleuserco...253/*/0B6NaqjIxWV1ycG8wd0s3Z2Q2X00?e=download